Help with PIP forms — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with PIP forms

Options
suze73
suze73 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone. I am 46 and been diagnosed with fibromyalgia for a year now. I have just received forms to put in for pip and help would be appreciated 
Many thanks
Sue x

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @suze73

Welcome to our online community/family ?

We have got some info/advice on here which will help you hopefully.

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/personal-independence-payment

Please please let me know if you have any problems???

@steve51
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

There's a guide here that may help you.

When filling out the form you need to put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you for each descriptor that applies. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity.

Make sure you send relevant evidence with the form to support your claim because they very rarely contact anyone.

If you're still unable to fill the form out yourself then you should contact a local advice centre near you.

If you don't have enough time to fill out the forms then you can ring DWP and request an extra 14 days.

Expect a face to face assessment as most people have them.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • suze73
    Options
    Thanks poppy123456
    I am just going through the form now I'm writing my answers down on a separate peice of paper then transferring it over to the form. I don't have anything that I can send as evidence as it's just my gp I see!! Is it worth me asking my gp for a letter to put in with my form..
     Many thanks
    Sue x
  • poppy123456
    edited February 2019
    Options
    You can certainly ask but a letter from a GP isn't the best evidence because a GP won't know how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. There may also be a charge for this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • suze73
    Options
    O... who else can I ask?? I have been in touch with the occupational therapist at my council this morning for a self referal. She asked me a load of questions how my illness effects me she going to get someone to come out and see what aids I would need. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Have you had any hospital appointments in the past? One of my conditions is fibromyalgia and i've had multiple hospital appointments in the past from the pain clinic. When they write the letters i receive a copy along with my GP. Maybe you can ask to see your medical records to see if there's anything in there you can use. It's free to have digital copies of all of your medical records but you'll need to pay if you want printed copies.

• suze73
    Options
    Never been referred to the pain clinic I will ask about my records though. I also suffer with ibs and I have a cystic mass on my pelvis which also causes me chronic pain but can't be removed as it would be to dangerous due to amount of operations I have had in the past and got multiple scar tissue which they can't cut through safely.
  • suze73
    Options
    I am awaiting an OT coming out to assess what things I need to help me I am also on referal for pain clinic

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.