I had an offer to work full time, i have a few questions — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I had an offer to work full time, i have a few questions

Snowdrop57
Snowdrop57 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there!
I am on support ESA (contributory) and PIP (standard mobility, enhanced daily living).
I have been fortunate to have had offer of full time working, and I know that ESA claim must be stopped when work starts. I will let PIP side know, as they will want to see job matches PIP descriptors, as PIP claim to go on.
Please tell me if:

1. I require a GP note / agreement, to work.
2. If having claimed ESA, will there be problems actually accepting the offer now, or in the future? Will DWP say that I should have been in WRAG group?
3. Will a new assessment be triggered for PIP, on my starting working - due to stopping ESA claim?
4. Does PIP transfer over automatically, as I am working many miles away and will live in the new area? Or do I need to lodge a new claim?
5. If my condition worsens in years to come, and I must cease work, can I claim ESA under same condition? 

Sorry about all these questions, and thank you very much for helping me.

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Snowdrop57

Welcome to the community.

Congratulations, I hope it goes well :) Some of our members may be able to answer these questions for you soon.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Snowdrop57 and welcome

First congratulations on finding full time employment

Has your condition improved to the extent that you are now able to work or has your condition remained the same but the employment takes your condition into account ?

If your condition has improved then you are required to notify a change in circumstance
    If your condition remains the same and you still fulfill the criteria for a PIP award then your PIP should continue until your next review with only a change of address necesary
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Quite possible that when the claimant contacts PIP to advise of the new full time job they will treat it as a change of circumstances and will want to re-assess the claimant.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    ilovecats said:
    Hi there!
    I am on support ESA (contributory) and PIP (standard mobility, enhanced daily living).
    I have been fortunate to have had offer of full time working, and I know that ESA claim must be stopped when work starts. I will let PIP side know, as they will want to see job matches PIP descriptors, as PIP claim to go on.
    Please tell me if:

1. I require a GP note / agreement, to work.
    2. If having claimed ESA, will there be problems actually accepting the offer now, or in the future? Will DWP say that I should have been in WRAG group?
    3. Will a new assessment be triggered for PIP, on my starting working - due to stopping ESA claim?
    4. Does PIP transfer over automatically, as I am working many miles away and will live in the new area? Or do I need to lodge a new claim?
    5. If my condition worsens in years to come, and I must cease work, can I claim ESA under same condition? 

Sorry about all these questions, and thank you very much for helping me.
    For PIP, it's not a change in medical circumstances so it would just be a change of address I believe. PIP is not means tested so it doesn't matter if you are working. 
    Unless the work the OP does goes against the reasons for the PIP claim then those changes need to be reported.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Snowdrop57
    Snowdrop57 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for replies! The job does match PIP and ESA descriptors.  Can I just clarify please one question I asked?  I know that ESA stops the moment one notifies them and goes for the job, which is only fair and right.

I feel worried though that having been on support ESA, then accepting FT working from that, might cause problems later, such as an investigation. Seems that having claimed, but in the past, can be looked at too; though I may be wrong. Please help.

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for replies! The job does match PIP and ESA descriptors.  Can I just clarify please one question I asked?  I know that ESA stops the moment one notifies them and goes for the job, which is only fair and right.

I feel worried though that having been on support ESA, then accepting FT working from that, might cause problems later, such as an investigation. Seems that having claimed, but in the past, can be looked at too; though I may be wrong. Please help.

Your ESA will not be a problem in the future. I doubt that the DWP would be interested in you working now - they will have no evidence that you were able to work when claiming ESA but you chose not to bother.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.