Pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

Sud
Sud Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
Well after the Atos lady called me a recovery alcoholic . That’s what she had on her notes Went to my doctor very upset about this I now have the proof that I have never been alcoholic or a recovery alcoholic WHY are these people allowed to lie. Not had letter yet if I am getting my pip back or not . If it is a no can I ask for another assessment as they basically saying am a alcoholic which is the wrong information they have or do I have to do reconsideration hope someone can help me .

Comments

• pixie61
    pixie61 Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    Omg, that is so bad, get advice from your local CAB, I’ve involved my local MP because my pip claim is nothing like my DLA award, which I’ve been getting for 11 years. He’s written to Dwp. So they do help!! Xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I agree that's not nice at all, however it's not about the lies in the report. What you need to do is concentrate on the descriptors that apply to you and your reasons why.

Absolutely no point in involving your local MP as there's nothing much they can do about a PIP award.

Is there a recommendation of an award in the report you received? They usually go with the report. If there's no recommendation and you're not awarded then the next step is requesting the MR, then Tribunal if that fails and most do.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pixie61
    I disagree with you, there’s every reason to challenge the lies from an assessment. They shouldn’t be allowed to get away with it. We’ve all looked At the discriprors & filled in our forms. The assessors then lie & that’s what the award is based on, not what you put in your claim form! Also involving local MP is helpful, if we don’t highlite what’s going on with Dwp & assessments, how can it ever be rectified DWP made to treat disabled people with respect! I have heard good reports about local MPs helping to overturn awards! Please get advice & don’t let this drop, what she said to you is so very wrong!! Xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Concentrating purely on the lies in the report is not the way to challenge the decision with MR or Tribunal. You need to concentrate on the descriptors that apply to you and add 2-3 example of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies. DWP and Tribunal won't be interested in any lies.

The best way to deal with this is to make a complaint to the health assessment providers.

As for the MP, i'm not even sure how it's possible for them to help anyone claim a PIP award. You can be disabled but still not qualify for PIP if the descriptors don't apply.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sud
    Thank you pixie61 I will have a look at the forum 4up. It is absolutely disgusting the way they are allowed to make stuff up to fit in with what they want.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    As far as I can see there is no forum on that site. Do you mean Facebook? If so I don't engage with that nonsense.
  • pixie61
    The forum can be accessed by looking at 4up.org.uk. It’s a very good forum & has helped thousands of people since 2012! 
  • patriciahendy
    patriciahendy Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    I think it's time for these liars and their dirty tricks to be heard in the courts!
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    pixie61 said:
    The forum can be accessed by looking at 4up.org.uk. It’s a very good forum & has helped thousands of people since 2012! 
    The only link that I can see apart from the blog is their Facebook page. I don't entertain that site or any similar ones purely because of the lack of protection of my data. It is a well known fact that all government departments as well other civilian forces use it in ways that it was not intended for.
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Hi @Sud
    Sud said:
    Well after the Atos lady called me a recovery alcoholic . That’s what she had on her notes Went to my doctor very upset about this I now have the proof that I have never been alcoholic or a recovery alcoholic WHY are these people allowed to lie. Not had letter yet if I am getting my pip back or not . If it is a no can I ask for another assessment as they basically saying am a alcoholic which is the wrong information they have or do I have to do reconsideration hope someone can help me .

I have had many errors made with my PIP from start to finish. I involved my local MP about this and he wrote to DWP on my behalf. My advice would be to phone DWP and complain,I did this before I had seen the report and decision.

They will log the complaint  and will send a complaint leaflet which you will need to complete and you will probably have to add more on paper as the leaflet is small.

You then wait for a response from DWP. If you still are unhappy with the outcome you then have to put this in writing again explaining why. Once again you have to wait for a response from DWP. It will be Atos or Capita HCP who carried out the assessment you will be complaining about not the DWP.

If you are still unhappy about the response you receive you then can take your complaint to the Independent, Case, Examiner, (I.C.E.) for short. To take your complaint to I.C.E. you would have to follow the complaints procedure before doing so like I have described above. I.C.E. then they will look at your complaint and see if there's a case for them to investigate.

This is what I have done as the errors in mine are really unbelievable. DWP has even written to my MP and informed that my decision had been changed with the MR appeal and I am now in receipt of the PIP enhanced rate care. This is totally incorrect and I have lost all my PIP for the daily care.

When are they going to be held accountable for all the mistakes and inaccurate reports. If that was the other way around we would be prosecuted for fraud. More people need to complain because the DWP thinks that the PIP is working for the disabled and for some yes! but others it clearly is not.

Good Luck and take care.

• pixie61
    Thank you for that information. I agree, they should be held accountable & unless we stand up to then & highlight all that they are doing, nothing will change! Hope you get the  outcome you deserve! Xx
  • pixie61
    Yadnad. I have looked at their website & you can email them with your query & you can get help that way. I appreciate your apprehension accessing them through Facebook. I do it that way & as do most of us. But try emailing them! Hope this helps x
  • Sud
    Thank you all for in put I thought I was they only one but I see many have the same problem about them it is very true we all must stand together to be heard , I can not imagine how many other people have suffered from this and don’t fight back as they do not no where to turn for help and advice thank you all again for your help
  • Sud
    Just a little update I have ask DWP for a re assessment as I have all medical evidence and my doctor has written a letter also stating that some information was incorrect. Also wrote a letter of complaint to Atso about the nurse that did first assessment so time will tell will keep you guys posted on outcome of both.
  • Sud
    Sorry forgot to mention that they took all my pip both enhanced rates.
  • patriciahendy
    patriciahendy Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    The government are absolutely hell bent on removing as many benefits from as many people as possible. These so called "assessors" need to be removed and replaced by competent medics. I heard recently that a Downs Syndrome patient was asked, "How long have you had this"?!!!!!!! This says it all really doesn't it. I have been reading the PIP complaints on line.  Is this not illegal to have "assessors" making assumptions regarding claimants conditions and then DWP  unqualified "decision makers" deciding if claimants are entitled to benefits? if a claimant can walk a few yards and then fall flat on their face they are considered ok. Hamilton should have been sacked regarding his comments about disabled people and Rudd has reportedly visited only 4 job centres despite saying that she has visited many. Our friend Jan has lost her mobility component recently but they are "coming after her" in three years time. She will be almost 72 by then!!  Perhaps if enough people get together and try to take it to the court something could be done. This government is certainly no friend of the disabled - "claimants will not lose out with PIP". Sadly, not the case.
  • Sud
    @pixie61 I have joined thank you 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited February 2019
    Many seem to think assessors lie in their reports? Whatever gives you that reason they Lie you all say, to me they bend all the truth which then turns you into a liar. Then their way of thinking is bend the truth and make unfounded allegations and down right lies about you... period.

So what happens here then your the one made out to be the villain as assessors never LIE. ? Also they would believe pigs might fly too.

And yes the DWP decision maker will 99% always go with the assessors recommendation FACT.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• pixie61
    I totally agree, it’s disgusting & I’ve saud as much in a letter to Capita, accused them of discrimination! Guess what... no reply as yet. I have signed a petition drawing the governments attention to the ‘****’ sorry I don’t normally swear! But something has to be done!! X

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.