Anyone else had problems with a GP ???? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone else had problems with a GP ????

goblinqueen
goblinqueen Community member Posts: 16 Connected
Registered with new GP as had lost faith in the previous one for one reason or another 

Anyway fast forward to being accepted and telling them I need DHC (Dihydrocodiene) , get a phone call telling me to see this Nurse, who would issue the prescription and get the re-referral back to my consultant (left NHNN in London as he left and was messed around left right and centre)

Get given the wrong medication , wrong blood test and asked to look at my right ear as got problems with it tells me it's a narrow ear canal and it's actually a eustachian tube dysfunction

Write a letter of complaint to the practice manager who ignores the letter and just gets the right medication issued 

Send a letter to my GP and include all the info from previous consultant  saying there is no point in an appointment as you can't see nerve damage with the eye , no reply 

Ring up last week , he hasn't looked at it 

Ring again today he hasn't looked at it and they don't know when he will look at it as he needs to do an examination to see your symptoms and nerve damage 

You can't see inside me without an MRI machine I tell them - no reply 

You can't even see another GP at the surgery as you HAVE to see your own . same goes for speaking with them 

In the meantime I'm battling on with work in screaming agony and getting nowhere , changing surgeries again is a pain in the **** and this one is close to home 

Does anyone know about approaching the CCG and they tell a surgery you have to take this patient no ifs or buts ?? , as right now it's getting to the stage where if I ring that surgery again I'll really lose my temper 

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @goblinqueen

Thank you for sharing this with us. I am sorry to hear what you have been going through, this must be frustrating for you. Some of our members may be able to answer your questions soon.
  • cats693
    cats693 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Its not true that you have to see the same GP, you can see who ever you want. I worked upto October 18 for 17 years as a GPs receptionist. If you have any complaints, and you've had no response from the practice manager, then contact your local CCG and make a formal complaint, (surgeries dont like that) and they will intervene. Sounds like you need to be referred to an neurologist to continue with the right treatment. Good luck!
  • Realitychick
    Realitychick Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi GoblinQueen

I've had problems getting medication when i've changed GP in the past. I don't know if you've tried, or if this will be a quick enough solution for you, but for me, a call to my consultants secretary did the trick. I explained the issues I had getting medication, that the consultant said I should take, and they wrote to my GP, telling them to prescribe it. I had no problems after that. 
    Good luck, I hope you get it sorted soon!

• cats693
    cats693 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    ......also, make sure you compile your own medical history by keeping everything you receive from you consultant and the appt letters too. You should recieve letters from you consultant each time you visit, especially if it includes any change in medication changes. Check also your GPs that they have the same letter on record its not uncommon that letters dont got to your GP surgery. Hope this helps.

Brightness