Pip/esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip/esa

MerthyrMaurader
MerthyrMaurader Community member Posts: 19 Connected
After fighting with the DWP for 15 months I finally got my tribunal last Tuesday and easily won. The judge was astounded that I hadn't been awarded even one point originally but here's the downside. I had a letter earlier today saying my esa was going to be reassessed. Now it could be purely coincidental but I sure don't think it is. Anyone had any thing similar??
Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You posted in the PIP part of the forum, was your Tribunal for PIP or ESA? If it was for PIP then it's a completely different benefit to ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MerthyrMaurader
    Hi poppy 
    Tribunal was for pip and I understand that the two are separate (allegedly) I just find it very fishy that after fighting the DWP for all these months and not hearing anything off either of them that Im suspicious when esa contacted me in the very same week I win my pip appeal.Is it not possible that there's a bit of collusion going on here because I wouldnt put anything past them. Just a thought. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    It's just a coincidence. They can re-assess you at anytime and if you have been assessed for the 15 months you've been waiting for your Tribunal then you were most likely due to be re-assessed soon anyway.

Greats news on the PIP Tribunal too. It can take 8 weeks to pay backdated money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MerthyrMaurader
    Thanks for the info. Get rid of the stress of one and then get hit with stress on the other. Never ends. 
    Onwards and upwards. 
    Regards
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the info. Get rid of the stress of one and then get hit with stress on the other. Never ends. 
    Onwards and upwards. 
    Regards
    unfortunately it would seem that your issues are with the government and not the DWP. For a time now pressure has been put on the assessing companies and the DWP to tighten up on what is and what isn't acceptable for PIP claims.
    It is becoming harder and harder to get through the system where in the past it was more lax.
    In my case evidence that was accepted albeit in part 4 and 5 years old was readily accepted as what that evidence said is today as it was then with no changes.
    However now because it was 5 & 6 years old it was not even considered when making the decision. This effectively means that claimants will have to go to the consultants and GP at regular times to get the evidence updated.
    The quality of the evidence that supports both the impact and the descriptors is also being challenged by the assessors and the DWP.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.