Denied mandatory reconderation, would like to appeal. — Scope | Disability forum

Denied mandatory reconderation, would like to appeal.

Nursemills67 Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I would like some advice regarding my PIP application. I have just been denied it after the manatory reconsideration and would like to take it to an appeal.
I have had 26 operations on my knees due to osteoarthritis and because I have been using crutches for so long I've had to have shoulder surgery. I am in continuous pain, taking numerous painkillers and have reduced mobility. I rarely leave my house due to pain and depression.
Any help would be appreciated- they don't seem to understand that although I can walk a bit ( with crutches)it's not without severe pain.


  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,389 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Nursemills67   Pleased to meet you welcome.  Thank you for joining and sharing.

    Sorry what has happened. I can understand what you are going through as many of our community members are experiencing the same problems.

    I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join.

    Please may I suggest have a look at our website on appeals.  Talk about PIP and DLA.

    I would also advise speak to CAB your local office about the appeals procedures.  

    Have a look at there website as well.  if you can.  Something to consider.

    I know this is a difficult time for you and we are here as a community to be supportive. 

    Please take care.

    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,781 Pioneering
    Hi @Nursemills67 I'm sorry to hear what you have been going through. Thank you for sharing this with us. Please have look at step 3 and step 4 on preparing for an appeal.

    Please let us know if you have any questions.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.