Access to CAB services non existant in my area — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Access to CAB services non existant in my area

worried33
worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
For my area, CAB policy states no advice given without appointment and provides a phone number to ring to make appointments.

When ringing this number it states all advisors are helping other people and then hangs up, no call queue or answering machine.

If going to the building, the door is locked, if you press the buzzer, you get told you can only come in if you have an appointment, if asking how to make an appointment, get told to ring, if asking how to make an appointment over the phone if it just hangs up, the reply is I dont know.

So how are people obtaining CAB services?

Comments

• worried33
    I am happy to give you this in private but not on public post, thanks.
  • worried33
  • worried33
    edited February 2019
    So any idea please

here is the website

https://citizensadviceleicestershire.org/get-advice/leicester-city/

If you ring the number it will not provide an option to make an appointment, the website will tell you that you will be refused entry at the Leics City and have to ring the contact line, but the contact line offers no way to make an appointment.

Also the complaints and feedback pages are broken.
  • worried33
    edited February 2019
    Well i found welfare rights run by the council but it rang for 1 hour no music etc., just kept ringing, then I tried cab again, but this time it offered a menu, no option to choose appointments, I selected the option for help with gas electric, and on that sub menu was an option to call for appointments, I was then in the call queue for 3 hours and eventually I spoke to someone and have finally an appointment arranged so got there in the end, but its certainly tough in my area to get face to face assistance.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Goodness, sorry to hear the process was so tough @worried33. 3 hours can't have been easy, but really glad you've managed to get something arranged! 
  • worried33
    It was but we have to remember these people are putting there time in to help us which I am very grateful for, I know I dont come across as polite on here but want to say I am very grateful for anyone who has ever replied to my posts.  I expect they are simply overwhelmed in my area with requests for help and that isnt their fault.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    That's a really mindful and considerate approach to take @worried33! I'm glad our members have been able to provide a listening ear and help out where they can :)

Brightness