Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Will this get sorted out?

Nellie12345Nellie12345 Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi need some help myself and my husband we’re both on esa and getting sdp we moved this January 2nd and was told had to to claim uc we have lost the sdp part of esa I have heard the government will sort this out before July 2019 is this correct any help greatly appreciated 

Replies

• steve51steve51 Member Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Nellie12345

Welcome & Good Afternoon to you both.

I am one off the “Community Champion’s” here at Scope.

Here’s some info on ESA/SDP.

https://www.gov.uk/disability-premiums-income-support/eligibility

Please let me know if there’s any problems??????

@steve51
  • Antonia_AlumniAntonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,781 Pioneering
    Hi @Nellie12345
    Thank you for sharing this with us. Some of our members may be able to answer your question.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,071 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's talk of money being given to compensate those that lost out because they had to move to UC and were previously claiming the SDP, however at the moment it's just talk and there's no plans been put in place. I'm afraid it's just a matter of waiting to see what announcements are made in the future but there's no announcements that it's going to be July this year. In July there will be transitional support protection in place but that won't apply to you because you've already moved to UC.

Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.