Don't know how to claim sickness benefit and no one will help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Don't know how to claim sickness benefit and no one will help

RPK43
RPK43 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I've tried reading about it online but I'm confused, I don't know what I'm doing, and I have no confidence in doing it right either.

No one has replied to my last post in my last topic.

Tried ringing Citizens Advice hoping someone could go through the whole process with me step by step, and waited for someone to pick up the phone for about 30 mins. No one answered and the line went dead.

Rang a different Citizens Advice number and left a message, no one has rang back.

I've now decided to stop eating and drinking until I get some help.

Comments

• clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Hello rpk don't do that get some food and drink inside you . Your not on your own lots of people are feeling let down and confused myself included. Tc friend 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If it's universal credit you're trying to claim then you need to start your claim online here. https://www.gov.uk/apply-universal-credit

I'm afraid no one will be able to go through the process step by step on an internet forum because it's an online application. You just need to answer the questions on the online form. You do this by following the instructions and then it will tell you what you need to do.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @RPK43 thank you for sharing this with us and apologies if we missed your last post. Please let us know how you get on with the online claim @poppy123456 has provided. :)

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself: http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-healthproblems/suicidal-feelings/how-can-i-help-myself/

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.