ESA Which day you get your payment ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Which day you get your payment ?

Marie123
Marie123 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
I read on another forum that the day you get your payment depends on the last two digits of your NI number . I don't think this is correct .Mine are 54 which would mean  I got payment on Thursdays but last time I claimed ESA my payments were Tuesday. Does anyone know if there is a system or is it nonsense ?

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    You where informed in your award letter the amount and day and the regularity of the payments. Mostly fortnightly.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2019
    ESA is paid fortnightly in arrears and you're partly correct that your payment day was/is determined by the last 2 numbers of your NI number. However, if yours is 54 then it could be Wednesday. Mine is 56 and it's also Wednesday. This was the case when you claimed 5 years or more ago, whether they do the same now i have no idea.

00 to 19 Monday
    20 to 39 Tuesday
    40 to 59 Wednesday
    60 to 79 Thursday
    80 to 99 Friday

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Marie123
    Thanks all for the comments. I will let you know. If I ever  get a payment . ?
  • Marie123
    Wilko I will also let you know if I am ever important enough to them to even receive an award letter ?
  • poppy123456
    When first applying it can take 3-4 weeks to receive your first payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Marie123
    Sorry to be such a pain but I'm cold, hungry and feeling hopeless because I'm  helpless in this stupid system? 
  • Marie123
    When I get to the other side. I will demand justice and fair play for all. ?
  • Marie123
    Got my first payment today..It's only one weeks worth. Confused I will wait for the letter to come and try to figure it out. Thanks fir the help and advice all . ?
  • poppy123456
    It will depend when you first claimed it. You lose the first 7 days of your claim because these are called "waiting days" ESA is paid 2 weeks in arrears.
  • Marie123
    My claim is from 24th January so that would mean nothing due until the 31st so still can't figure why I got one weeks worth today or when my next one will be. Hopefully the letter will explain. Wont get that till Monday or Tuesday. 
  • poppy123456
    £73.10 per week is assessment rate, is that what you received or slightly more? It will depend on when your payment day is as to how it's been worked out.
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    Is that the payment they keep saying we are entitled to, and at the same time saying we are not entitled to it. I have no idea what day it is paid any more.
  • Marie123
    It was £73.10

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.