Pip coming to my house after iuc — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip coming to my house after iuc

suzieq132
suzieq132 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
Hi I'm asking for help again, after my iuc pip took all of my benefits off me so I asked for mandatory reconsideration and they said they just pass the same paperwork to someone else which I said was no good because the paperwork was full of lies and I was discriminated against during the interview  they have sent a very vague letter to me saying they are coming to my house on monday. Does anyone know what could possibly be happening and has anyone else had this, everyone on here has been so helpful so I thought I'd ask for help again 

Sue 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It would be impossible to tell you why someone's coming to your house on Monday. I'd advise you to ring the number on the letter to ask why someone is coming to see you, they tell you why.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • suzieq132
    Thanks Poppy I wondered if this was normal or of anyone else had this. I called him yesterday and he said it was because of something I'd said, my cousin has given me a list of questions and I'm waiting for him to come back. He's coming all the way from exeter!
  • poppy123456
    It will still be a complete guess i'm afraid. Did you get some expert advice like you were advised previously?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • suzieq132
    No I'm really confused and can't afford proper advice but I'll ask my cousin if she cam come too because she is good with these things  thanks again poppy x

• poppy123456
    suzieq132 said:
    No I'm really confused and can't afford proper advice but I'll ask my cousin if she cam come too because she is good with these things  thanks again poppy x

You don't need to pay for advice, there's centres out there that will give you free advice. See this link to check what's in your area.

• suzieq132
    This is getting very cloak and dagger, now they are saying he is coming out with paperwork and that is all so I said put it in the post and they said I have to do something too? They just won't tell me, I guess all will be revealed on monday xxx 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    suzieq132 said:
    This is getting very cloak and dagger, now they are saying he is coming out with paperwork and that is all so I said put it in the post and they said I have to do something too? They just won't tell me, I guess all will be revealed on monday xxx 
    Personally if I was in your position I would be telling the DWP that unless they indicate to you (a) the reason for the visit and (b) what they are expecting of you I will not be prepared to entertain the intended visit. 
    Absolutely ridiculous - who the **** do they think they are? 
    You have no idea of why the visit and what is it that they want to discuss with you and are refusing to disclose that information - for all you know it may well be advisable to have legal or other representation present.   
  • suzieq132
    I've got my cousin coming round to advise she does a lot with these kind of things 
  • Yadnad
    suzieq132 said:
    I've got my cousin coming round to advise she does a lot with these kind of things 
    I appreciate that and it is better than no help.
    How can you be prepared for a meeting if they don't want to send you an agenda of what is to be discussed. As I say, I would refuse until such time as they are more open and transparent with you.
  • suzieq132
    I just spoke again saying he couldn't tell me and said he can speak to me through the door! I'm terrified! 
  • suzieq132
    I called back and left an answer machine message telling them I can't be here so not to come  it was making me ill so it's not happening 
  • Yadnad
    edited February 2019
    suzieq132 said:
    I just spoke again saying he couldn't tell me and said he can speak to me through the door! I'm terrified! 
    Are the DWP for real telling someone that if they won't open their front door then they intend shouting through the letter box?

Anybody that tried that with me I would...……. (I'll be banned from this site if I said anymore!)

I had similar in 2017 (when I had a car!!!). Apparently my 4 year old granddaughter dropped a sweet on the pavement from a bag she was carrying before getting into the car. By the time I had her in her seat two 'paramilitary' chaps came up to me and accused me of dropping litter. Their attitude was abusive. I closed the car door turned round and suggested that they remove themselves from being in my face or face the consequences. As they backed off I got into the car and drove home.
    Next thing I knew the following week was that they were at the front door of my home shouting through the letterbox.at my wife who would not open the door. Hearing this commotion and my wife screaming I rushed from the back garden to the front door still holding a petrol hedge cutter that was still running.
    I gave them 5 seconds to remove themselves off my property otherwise I could not guarantee their safety.

They were my council appointed litter enforcement officers  who received a dressing down after I went into their offices the following day and made an official complaint.

I just would not put up with what the poster is being told.
  • suzieq132
    Wow that's terrible. I'm going to call cab first thong monday and if they step on my property I'll call the police  
  • suzieq132
    Sorry for the late reply the man wanted to physically hand me paperwork saying I owed them £1000 and show that he had given me advice on what to do next. All that panic and upset I don't know why he couldn't just tell me that was what he was doing it made me very ill. hopefully this will help anyone else going through the same situation. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.