Prescribtions — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Prescribtions

audigirl
audigirl Community member Posts: 46 Connected
hi all
jus wanted to ask how everyone goes on with getting there repeat prescribtion when DWP stop your ESA is there something on the back to let them no uou have nil income ?i need my co codamol & scared to put in for it has had no money for weeks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's no box to tick for nil income. What you need to do is apply for the HC1 NHS low income scheme but you need to fill out the form and wait for your exemption certificate before claiming free prescriptions. You can claim the costs back afterwards by keeping the receipts but if you tick a box on the back they you may receive a fine so i wouldn't risk that. See link for how to claim.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    You can download and print the form. Ring them to send one to you or You can also get the HC1 from Jobcentres, GP practices, pharmacies and Citizens Advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • audigirl
    Ok thankyou i need to do this adap then does this make you exempt from paying as il have no money 
  • poppy123456
    It will yes because it's for those on low income and because you have nil income then you'll qualify but as advised you'll need to wait for the exemption certificate before claiming the free prescriptions.
  • audigirl
    Ok thankyou for that 
    its so stressful everything you have to do because of dwp suppose there is one thing it will make go out of the house which i really find unbearable just cant believe what everyone has to go through i hope theres a karma on them 
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    edited February 2019
    follow that link poppy posted on your first reply, you should qualify for a HC2 certificate.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @audigirl   Sorry to hear about your prescriptions. One idea suggestion I would consider is to get them delivered to you.

Once you have got everything sorted and  follow the excellent advice given.

Is to ask your surgery about Patient Access. Most surgeries have this.  Might be useful. Will give you details what you need to do on line. Easy to set up.

Got Patient Access ordered on line.  When I need them, Doctor then sends prescription electronically to chemist. I have nominated and they will deliver to your home.

Usually after 48 hours after prescription sent on line by myself.  No charge and if you are not in will have to arrange another time.  With chemist.

Helps me a lot.  Have anxiety.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • audigirl
    Hi poppy 123456
    iv been my gp this morning to be told she didnt kno what HC2 form was but gave me another form ecemption for prescribtions FP92A ? Its say app for prescribtion charge exemption it gives a list of medical condition but no low income shes not give me the correct form as she didnt realise till i got home x
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    If you have asked for MR and intend to appeal, carry on as normal.

• audigirl
    Hi poppy 123456
    iv been my gp this morning to be told she didnt kno what HC2 form was but gave me another form ecemption for prescribtions FP92A ? Its say app for prescribtion charge exemption it gives a list of medical condition but no low income shes not give me the correct form as she didnt realise till i got home x
  • poppy123456
    If you don't have one of these medical conditions then that's the wrong form. If you don't have any of these condiitons then i'm shocked your GP gave you the form.

You can apply for a medical exemption certificate if you have one of the following medical conditions:

• a permanent fistula (for example, caecostomy, colostomy, laryngostomy or ileostomy) which needs continuous surgical dressing or an appliance
    • a form of hypoadrenalism (for example, Addison’s Disease) for which specific substitution therapy is essential
    • diabetes insipidus and other forms of hypopituitarism
    • diabetes mellitus, except where treatment is by diet alone
    • hypoparathyroidism
    • myasthenia gravis
    • myxoedema (that is, hypothyroidism which needs thyroid hormone replacement)
    • epilepsy which needs continuous anticonvulsive therapy
    • a continuing physical disability which means you cannot go out without the help of another person
    • cancer and are undergoing treatment for either:
      • cancer
      • the effects of cancer
      • the effects of cancer treatment

These are the only conditions that entitle you to a medical exemption certificate. If you’re not sure about the name of your condition, speak to your doctor.

It's the HC1 form that you need and you can't get this from your GP which is probably why they didn't know what it was.

You can also call 0345 603 1108 and select the option for health publications to get a copy sent to you.

You may also be able to get an HC1 from Jobcentres, NHS hospitals, dentists and opticians.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.