Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
OscarLola
OscarLola Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi all could anyone be able to tell me if I can claim pip straight away after I didn't win my appeal in February. 

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Options
    Sorry to hear this...Yes you can as long your existing conditions have got worse or you have new ones longer than 3 months and expected to last 9 months or more. Just phone and start a new claim.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Options
    Think you’ll need to re apply or you won’t get anything 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    OscarLola said:
    Hi all could anyone be able to tell me if I can claim pip straight away after I didn't win my appeal in February. 
    Of course you can. What you have to bear in mind is why the Tribunal didn't award you the points that you had hoped for.
    Did you identify the descriptors that applied to you? Did you produce evidence supporting those descriptors other than what you told them? If not and you make a similar claim as last time it is very likely that the new claim will fail as well. You have to make a convincing claim backed up with evidence that cannot be refused.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,060 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Nothing stopping you from re-applying but i agree that using the same evidence you previously used will very likely see another refusal and the whole process will start all over again.

I'd advise you to get some face to face expert advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • OscarLola
    OscarLola Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou for your advise .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.