My thoughts on PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My thoughts on PIP

monty42
monty42 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Reading these comments, i think it shocking that these so called health professionals are telling lies. I got standard PIP, but the MR was totally full of stuff that you couldnt make up. Lies, lies, trying to make out consultants are liars even though i had consultant letters. They have no understanding of mental health issues or disabilty, unfair, biased people who are told to fail people

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @monty42, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thank you for sharing this. From what others have said, I'm certain you're not alone in your thoughts. Do get involved, and just let us know if we can be of any assistance.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2019
    monty42 said:
    Reading these comments, i think it shocking that these so called health professionals are telling lies. I got standard PIP, but the MR was totally full of stuff that you couldnt make up. Lies, lies, trying to make out consultants are liars even though i had consultant letters. They have no understanding of mental health issues or disabilty, unfair, biased people who are told to fail people
    To put it bluntly, an assessor has no real need to understand disabilities. They are only interested in that having those disabilities (whatever they are)  how do they impact on your life,  what evidence you have that supports that impact and how do those various impacts fit neatly with the PIP descriptors - that's it.

• monty42
    monty42 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    sorry but i think they do need to understand, i can walk 50 yrds and stop due to spinal issues, in her opinion i can walk over 200 yrds, how can they say that

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.