pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip tribunal

Options
twinkle47
twinkle47 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi all well today i had my 2yearly esa assesment only just got through it was doped up on new meds .. i have had 4 heart attacks and now diagnosed with malignant hypertention . i was on pip and esa until june last year when i informed pip of my last heart attack and had to have face to facd the asssesor lied in the form so i lost pip i apealed and lost so now awaiting tribunal date .. esa assesor today couldnt understand why pip was stopped as letter that gp sent and form meant he didnt have to see any further evidence .. plus all my meds i take 11 a day incudes diazepam and pregabalin to try and relax heart and vessels he asked what support i had at home ..none as live alone and due to pip stop cant afford to pay anyone to help ..
does the medical from esa get sent to pip ??? 
dreading a tribunal in case my blood pressure goes up which it will in the day ..my regular readings are 159/120 thats with meds and is low now for me ..

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ESA and PIP are not related and have different criteria so the ESA assessment will not be sent to PIP
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

PIP and ESA are different benefits and your ESA won't be sent to PIP. Hopefully you won't be waiting much longer for your Tribunal and the ESA decision will go in your favour.

Leave it a week and ring ESA to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.

Good luck for both.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.