Is it meant to say how long you can keep ESA for in the DWP award letter? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it meant to say how long you can keep ESA for in the DWP award letter?

Fight4Justice
Fight4Justice Community member Posts: 63 Pioneering
I had an ESA Reassessment about 3 weeks ago. Thankfully, it went well and the Health Professional recommended I keep ESA Support Group, but that they could consider me for work in 12 months.

I received the official DWP letter today, and it confirms that I'm keeping ESA Support Group, however, it omits how long for in the form. I think it was around 18 months in between my last 2 Reassessments.

I would like to know if it's meant to say in the "official" DWP letter how long I can keep it for? Or is it only ever mentioned as an Assessor's recommendation in the Assessor's Report? I'm not sure whether I should ring ESA on Monday and ask them directly.

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @Fight4Justice
    Any ESA decision letter never tells you when you will be sent to or have any new forms or attend another assessment, the only way is phone the DWP ESA helpline and ask when your likely be re assessed. Remember ESA can be reviewed anytime after 3 months. As you've got the assessment report stating within 12 months I would guess as the DWP mostly go with the provider, so it might be a new form in 12 months.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Fight4Justice
    Fight4Justice Community member Posts: 63 Pioneering
    @Government_needs_reform

Thank you for the response. It's annoying that they have shortened it from 18 to 12 months. I have my fingers crossed that Brexit will collapse the Govt. over the summer, and we might get a Labour Govt. before my next one.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @Fight4Justice Glad to help, I reckon the way this Government act is a complete farce and need getting rid of. At the present time I don't see much changing.

I suspect but npcannot prove it maybe because of UC comming in for ESA claiments in 2019-20 and they might try using easier people to test first, not saying you will.

i wonder if you hate the way we are treated could you take a look at a campaign to send to your MP. It's to the point and hard hitting. Basicly the truth of what is happening in our country.  See it here https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/56198/everyone-urgent-action-is-needed-now-please-write-or-email-this-to-all-your-mps-asap I hope they leave you alone.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Unlike PIP, ESA does not have an end date, you will continue to receive payment until a new decision is made. A new assessment can be any time after three months has elapsed and normally three years for support group, However the backlog plays a big part and many people are being defered
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.