Appeal - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal

2»

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Il go see cab when letter gets here thank you poppy x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome xx
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    Dotty123 said:
    Oh can I ask one person says get unfit sick notes you say fit notes can you explain plz 
    The correct name is fit notes and they used to be called sick notes.

The are same thing Dotty. The full name is "Statement of Fitness for Work" and below that it says, "For social security or Statutory Sick Pay". 

If you show the DWP letter to your doctor and say you need a sick note from the date on that letter, they will know exactly what you mean. 
  • poppy123456
    If you simply ask for a sick note your GP will know exactly what you mean.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Davy1969
    Davy1969 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi I had the same thing at my WCA and got my decision saying I failed I wrote back on my mandatory reconsideration that I wanted too see the WCA assessor's medical credentials and what qualifications the decision maker had they can't come up with anything o I stopped failed waiting on appeal date now unreal
  • Dotty123
    Thank you guys gals especially poppy must have her mad by now I’m old haven’t clue do I need appt at docs and do need wait 7days x
  • poppy123456
    lol no you haven't. Yes, you'll need an appointment for the sick note. The 7 day waiting period that you're thinking of doesn't apply to you because you've been found fit for work.

Once you have that appointment with an advice centre they will explain everything to you.
  • Dotty123
  • Dotty123
    edited February 2019
    Got my esa letter what a pile of **** I can’t see dr till 5th March when do I send not fit for work notes in 
  • poppy123456
    Dotty123 said:
    Got my esa letter what a pile of **** I can’t see dr till 5th March when do I send not fit for work notes in 
    The fit notes won't be needed until you request the Tribunal BUT they need to be backdated to the date you were found fit for work.
  • Dotty123
    Grt x Valentine’s Day haha ? 
  • Dotty123
    Been to cab there Grt got appt 11/3/19 then send recorded sdp they say I am entitled to shud get quite bit back money new rules can claim USA on my terms for illness and crisis from council give you food gas elec 
  • Benistmonk
    Dotty123 said:

5th March! that's a long way off.

You can ask for an appointment on the day if you phone the surgery, phone at 8.00am or 2.00pm and ask to see the duty doctor.
  • Dotty123
    Reception says can’t use emergency appt for sick note 
  • Benistmonk
    edited February 2019
    Yeah they would say that. ;) Unless you have completely recovered and you are 100% pain free, surely you can think of some reason to see the doc, about your prescriptions, pain in your back, leg, sore feet. 

Actually I have just remembered, you can ask for a phone appointment. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.