Esa reassessment on Tuesday 19th — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa reassessment on Tuesday 19th

Spibes
Spibes Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
This will be my third assessment for esa and second reassessment, I was awarded pip last December and I'm now on SDP my income in my house has been stable and this assessment if it goes wrong would turn my life upside down, I don't want to go homeless again. 

I have more medical evidence than before, a social worker who has kindly said he fight for me if it went wrong, a full autism diagnosis report explaining in detail my anxiety etc. 

They also requested a ESA113 from my GP which worries me as it's a new GP surgery and they sent it back January. 

My last two esa awards were the support group for 12 months, in theory I should be fine with more medical evidence but I know it's the luck of the draw with which assessor I get. 

I however have prepared for the worst case scenario and have a nest egg from the back pay I got in December just over £1,000 just incase it goes wrong to tide me over but I desperately need furniture and clothes so hoping it goes well.

I'll keep you all posted, fingers crossed I'm terrified. 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hope all goes well, good thinking to have a nest egg just in case. Thinking of you and all those who need a prayer at times like these.
  • Spibes
    Appreciate that, I've learned over these years you can never be too careful and better to prepare for worst outcome just in case. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck! Having recently been through yet another review myself, i know exactly how you feel. I was also prepared for the worst, thankfully i had a really nice HCP who completely understood my conditions and how i'm affected. 2 weeks later i received a decision to remain in the Support Group. Hopefully the same will happen to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    You are quiet right, it is up to the assessor on the day and if it is a nurse, anything can happen. If the assessor introduces him or herself as a nurse, tell them you want to be assessed by a doctor. Also tell them you want the assessment recorded.
  • Spibes
    Thanks poppy appreciate that. 

I already requested in advance for the assessment to be recorded just in case, my last two assessors were nurses and it went well. 

Just have too keep my fingers crossed but worst case I've got my PIP and nest egg to protect me, some aren't as lucky as me and I'm eternally grateful for what I have.
  • Spibes
    Hello everyone just had my assessment. 

I think it went very well the assessor was incredibly kind and went through my conditions and said he was a mental health nurse and understood my problems etc. 

I know it may turn out bad but I got a good feeling about this one. 

Will post again once theyou dreaded brown enveloped letter arrives, fingers crossed but I think the assessment went perfectly.  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.