WHAT HAPPENS AFTER FACE TO FACE MEETING — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER FACE TO FACE MEETING

geoval1050
geoval1050 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
HI
I HAD MY FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW LAST WEEK AM WONDERING WHAT HAPPENS AFTER FACE TO FACE MEETING DO THEY CONTACT MY DOCTOR OR HOSPITAL FOR MEDICAL RECORDS ? THE PERSON SAID I WOULD HEAR FROM DWP IN ABOUT 6 WEEKS.

George

Comments

• Fetlock
    Fetlock Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Hi George,
    The onus is on the claimant to provide medical evidence so if you have any that you haven't provided the DWP with already, I'd recommend you send it in to them as soon as possible.
    Following your assessment a report is sent back to the DWP and a decision maker looks at your case and makes a decision in due course.
    You're entitled to a copy of your assessment report so may wish to ring DWP's PIP enquiry line to request one. From that you'll get an idea of what you're likely to be awarded.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    The claimant is responsible for evidencing their claim whilst the assessor is there to dismiss that claim through questioning and observation.
  • geoval1050
    geoval1050 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi
    I produced all my medical notes and xrays to the lady who interviewed me she never looked at them and said thats fine, her parting words to me were "I dont think you will have any problem". 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.