Got sec.35 in tribunal but they awarded me WRAG? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Got sec.35 in tribunal but they awarded me WRAG?

nanda81
nanda81 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
So i won my ESA tribunal a couple of weeks ago l. I got awarded 6 points amd secrion 35 got applied... just got a letter saying that they have awarded me WRAG as opposed to support group? 

Comments

• Tarpuk4
    Tarpuk4 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Work related activity group..gurd g this means that you now have to start looking for jobs.
    The support group you don't need to do this.
  • nanda81
    nanda81 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    I know, the lady from the citizens advice bureau came to my tribunal with me. And she said that section. 35 means that they have to put me on support group... 
  • Tarpuk4
    Tarpuk4 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Work related activity group.. guess this means that you now have to start looking for a job.
    Support group you don't need to do this plus you get extra money awarded when you are in the support group.
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi @nanda81
    I would double checkk this with the CAB but I’m pretty sure section 35 is automatically applied to the support group and not work related activity group.
       Debsidoo.x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    debsidoo said:
    Hi @nanda81
    I would double checkk this with the CAB but I’m pretty sure section 35 is automatically applied to the support group and not work related activity group.
       Debsidoo.x
    On this occasion CAB got the decision wrong and it seems like the person that went to the Tribunal misunderstood what the decision was.

Looking at this thread here and the letter from the Tribunal, the decision is indeed WRAG reg 29 and not reg 35 because it didn't apply. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/56204/got-sec-35-in-tribunal-but-they-awarded-me-wrag#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.