PIP Assessments By Atos and Capita Can Do Know Wrong ???? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessments By Atos and Capita Can Do Know Wrong ????

Options
Gerald
Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
Hi All can someone tell me here is how there is know problems with assessors being paid bonuses for the amount of people the they can see for PIP assessments and not doing the assessment the right way so its a get them in get them out system so there assessment report is done fast  how is this right and watch the full episode and then defend this about personal data and is that law full its at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnItQ9-atjw but this is okay PIP assessments and PIP assessors can do know wrong at all and then look at the amount going to tribunal now from then people had their assessment for Personal Independence Payment, or PIP, overturned via tribunal between January and March of this year August 28, 2018  That 71% equates to 14,805 people, the highest figures recorded since PIP was introduced in 2013.and at the time is was aired and Since April 2013 just 5% of decisions have gone to appeal and only 2% of all PIP decisions have been overturned. and then look at amount going now and winning and how well there improvements to the system is going now from 2013 numbers of appeal 5% to 2% winning  to now with winning appeals at 71% well done.

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Could I ask nicely - what is the point of this thread?
    We all know about the Tribunals and the percentage that overturn a previous DWP decision.
    To be honest there is more than one reason for this. and the main one lies with the claimant themselves.
    For some reason you are intent on blaming the assessment process only.
    As I have said, in the main, the problem lies much nearer to home.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Yadnad i couldn't agree more.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    edited February 2019
    Options
    ilovecats said:
    ilovecats said:
    Now I’m not very good at maths so if I’ve made a mistake then feel free to correct me.

There were 3.618 million PIP claims registered last year.

1.785m claims were awarded.

781,000 went to MR where 141000 were changed.

I got these statistics from here:
    https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/714950/pip-statistics-to-april-2018.pdf

Now using your statistics if 71% = 14805 people are successful at tribunal then that would mean 20853 people went to tribunal.

So 0.57% percent of applicants went to tribunal.
    Therefore 0.40% of applicants actually won at tribunal.

Now that the numbers are in perspective 0.40% of claims were overturned by tribunal which really isn’t a lot is it?

I haven't checked your figures as the answer that you have come up with is very much in line with what I found out some months ago.

If you take it that 1,833,000 did not receive an award and only 781,000 pursued the appeal process, I'm not too sure what happened to the 'missing' 1,052,000 claimants? I presume that this figure represents claimants that have not yet had an award or maybe some have dropped out of the system altogether. What would be interesting to find out is of those that failed to get an award and did not ask for a MR  the reasons for not doing so.

So yes in the round the vast majority of claimants receive the correct level of award first time round and only an extremely small number by comparison go through the appeal process and win at a Tribunal. Something that should be borne in mind when reading postings on this forum. 
  • djbantiques
    djbantiques Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    Options
    ilovecats said:
    Gerald said:
    Hi All can someone tell me here is how there is know problems with assessors being paid bonuses for the amount of people the they can see for PIP assessments and not doing the assessment the right way so its a get them in get them out system so there assessment report is done fast  how is this right and watch the full episode and then defend this about personal data and is that law full its at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnItQ9-atjw but this is okay PIP assessments and PIP assessors can do know wrong at all and then look at the amount going to tribunal now from then people had their assessment for Personal Independence Payment, or PIP, overturned via tribunal between January and March of this year August 28, 2018  That 71% equates to 14,805 people, the highest figures recorded since PIP was introduced in 2013.and at the time is was aired and Since April 2013 just 5% of decisions have gone to appeal and only 2% of all PIP decisions have been overturned. and then look at amount going now and winning and how well there improvements to the system is going now from 2013 numbers of appeal 5% to 2% winning  to now with winning appeals at 71% well done.
    Also, I've seen that video before. Its very old and that is not how the system is run now. I'd advise you find up to date evidence rather that flog a dead horse. I've told you on more than one thread how they assessors are paid now and its not per claimant. They are allocated two hours to see a person and do not cram more into that time.
    Are you saying the assessor will not see another client until the 2 hour time slot is up ?
  • Yadnad
    Options
    ilovecats said:
    Yadnad said:
    ilovecats said:
    ilovecats said:
    Now I’m not very good at maths so if I’ve made a mistake then feel free to correct me.

There were 3.618 million PIP claims registered last year.

1.785m claims were awarded.

781,000 went to MR where 141000 were changed.

I got these statistics from here:
    https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/714950/pip-statistics-to-april-2018.pdf

Now using your statistics if 71% = 14805 people are successful at tribunal then that would mean 20853 people went to tribunal.

So 0.57% percent of applicants went to tribunal.
    Therefore 0.40% of applicants actually won at tribunal.

Now that the numbers are in perspective 0.40% of claims were overturned by tribunal which really isn’t a lot is it?

I haven't checked your figures as the answer that you have come up with is very much in line with what I found out some months ago.

If you take it that 1,833,000 did not receive an award and only 781,000 pursued the appeal process, I'm not too sure what happened to the 'missing' 1,052,000 claimants? I presume that this figure represents claimants that have not yet had an award or maybe some have dropped out of the system altogether. What would be interesting to find out is of those that failed to get an award and did not ask for a MR  the reasons for not doing so.

So yes in the round the vast majority of claimants receive the correct level of award first time round and only an extremely small number by comparison go through the appeal process and win at a Tribunal. Something that should be borne in mind when reading postings on this forum. 
    I imagine that those who did not receive an award and did not appeal probably just accepted it. They trusted the assessment process analyses them correctly. Which most of the time it does.
    In which case that would be assuming that there are a lot of claimants 'trying it on' which to my limited intelligence could well be the case. 
  • Gerald
    Options
    I like how you all just put up numbers but not one thing about take down of posters that tell people about recording there assessments and know word about taking pictures of about personal data that's a okay 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @gerald ....I'm not specifically who you are referring to when you say "I like how you all just put up numbers..." but I do think it should be noted that you started the post - and the numbers were "put up" by you....

• Yadnad
    Options
    cristobal said:
    @gerald ....I'm not specifically who you are referring to when you say "I like how you all just put up numbers..." but I do think it should be noted that you started the post - and the numbers were "put up" by you....

Absolutely!! And hence why I asked at the start why bother to even start this thread as all it seems to do is create another useless thread that will go nowhere apart from possibly create another argument.
  • djbantiques
    djbantiques Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    Options
    ilovecats said:
    Are you saying the assessor will not see another client until the 2 hour time slot is up ?
     No because there is no one else to see. Unless there next appointment has turned up early
    So you are stating the time gap between scheduled appointments is 2 hours ?
  • Gerald
    Options
    Okay I put the numbers up first happy now ilovecats  and you put that your centre There was information on the wall at my centre telling people they could record okay good  but still did not say that the one in the show was wrong to do it and  still know word on or about taking pictures of about personal data that's a okay still then and my bet is that you will get likes same gang as normal go then and prove me wrong   
  • Yadnad
    Options
    ilovecats said:
    Gerald said:
    Okay I put the numbers up first happy now ilovecats  and you put that your centre There was information on the wall at my centre telling people they could record okay good  but still did not say that the one in the show was wrong to do it and  still know word on or about taking pictures of about personal data that's a okay still then and my bet is that you will get likes same gang as normal go then and prove me wrong   
    I really don’t have a clue what you are going on about, I’m sorry.
    Neither do I - not making much sense at all.
  • Gerald
    Options
    I see you got your awesome from one of who I was thinking about and then shock you get a post from someone on your side well done and I can see you put the part up which is good                                                 ( There was information on the wall at my centre telling people they could record okay good )                            but still did not say that the one in the show was wrong to do it and still know word on or about taking pictures of about personal data that's a okay lets see how will come back first  
  • Gerald
    Options
    That was my point I did not ask for a acknowledgment for me  All I was looking  for someone to acknowledge that take down of posters that tell people about recording there assessments and taking pictures of about personal data is Wrong okay
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Please remember the importance of respecting other members. We don’t have to agree on everything but respecting other members is important to keeping the community safe and friendly.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.