ESA and UC — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA and UC

Davy1969
Davy1969 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all I got taken off ESA in December 5th 2017 as I was in my nephew's van and it was stopped by the police and HMRC and DWP there to. I was signed off although I can assure anyone I wasn't working. I was forced too make a claim for universal credit and in the universal credit rules I should have been referred for a WCA on the first day off claim or on the 28th day off claim I wasn't referred until July 2018 although I was handing in fit note from day one off my claim, has anyone had any problems like this and how did it get resolved. Many thanks davy

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Davy1969   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join.

In response to your question I am unsure of an answer. I know a member of our team or a member of our community will be able to answer be in touch.

Have you contacted CAB for any further additional advice.

They might advise with benefit enquiries and give you some reassurance what you need as guidance.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Davy1969

Good Morning it’s great to meet you today.

“Wow” you certainly got well “snookered” my friend.
    @thespiceman

We have got a number off “Benefit Advisors” on our “Community”

I believe that the best way forward for you is to chat with our “Benefit Advisors”

Hi @BenefitsTrainingCo  

Can you please give me some help/advice with this post????

@steve51

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Davy1969, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm sorry to hear about your experiences. Hopefully our members will be able to share their thoughts with you. Just to clarify, are you still waiting on an appointment?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.