mental health — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

mental health

jackiecarson
jackiecarson Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2019 in Mental health and wellbeing
Afternoon everyone i would just like to tell you a little bit about myself i have got four brothers and i am the middle child and the only girl so i was guite spoiled growing up by my brothers and mum and dad.i am now married to dave and have been since nintyteen eighty eight we have got two grown up children my daughter who is married and she has got our grandson and we have got my son who is living with his partner so but we still see them all the time which is good.i also suffer with mental health issues and have done since i had my son twenty three years ago it has been worst over the last year because i lost my mother inlaw last March then i lost my dad in October last year so i have been really struggling and to top it all my mum is in hospital at the moment and has been in and out for the last two weeks so I’m finding it really hard to deal with at the moment anyway I’m sure everything will sort itself out soon anyway that is enough for now i will speak to you all soon xx 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jackiecarson welcome to the community! Sorry to hear about your family members. It is stressful and emotional when a loved one is in hospital, however it is the best place for those who are ill. If you ever would like to talk. Someone is always here :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @jackiecarson   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry too hear this. We are a friendly community, care and share.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join .

I have also mental health issues. Mainly anxiety and depression. The issues that you describe are I know difficult to deal with.

We as a community do understand that and here to listen be supportive.

May I suggest first think about how by getting some support can be beneficial to your well being. I know myself finding that support is always something that can be not easy to cope with.

I have been there myself being an old fashioned gent. Do I need the support of someone . I can cope. Yet the best thing I ever did.

One suggestion I do is to use mental health charities.

This is the one I used last time.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

Something to consider. Often accessing floating or an outreach worker who can be supportive, listen and give some ways and sign post you to ease the symptoms can be very informative .

Losing loved ones is heart-breaking and emotional.  We as a community understand what you are going through as a valued member.

I hope as a member of this community I can offer words of comfort and reassurance.

One organisation I can advise and offer guidance to is CRUSE.

This is a bereavement charity.  I used this charity myself after losing friends .

https://www.cruse.org.uk.

Helpline 0808 808 1677

Please keep in touch if we can help..

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    HI @jackiecarson thank you for sharing this with us. I can understand this being a tough time for you and your family. How are you and how is you mum doing today?

We're here to support you, please keep us updated
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Lovely to meet you @jackiecarson, and welcome!

Thanks for sharing this with us and I'm truly sorry for your loss. I'm glad to see our other community members have been in touch. Do you have any support in place for your mental health issues at the moment?

Brightness