PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment

thesilentmajority83
thesilentmajority83 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I received a letter this week to say i have a PIP assessment coming up in the next few weeks. When filling in the actual form I had extra info from a therapist and my GP.
The supporting letter from my GP sadly did not specifically ask for a home assessment, it did however ask that they make the process as easy as they possibly could for me.
My partner rang up to ask for a home visit from their advice line but she was told that we now have to call the "medical team dept" to see if this is at all possible??
Please help with any info as to how I can achieve a home visit as I do need this assessment to happen in the confides of my own home  where I feel safe enough to at least try and answer the questions properly.
This whole process is impacting negatively on my hard work to understand and improve my illness plus continually dealing with the negative effects it has on a daily basis as i try to function at a decent level.

kind regards.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @thesilentmajority83 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join.

In response to your question regarding home visits. I am unsure the criteria for having a home visit.

I would advise a member of our team or a member of our community will be able to answer.

I hope that helps.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger

I received a letter this week to say i have a PIP assessment coming up in the next few weeks. When filling in the actual form I had extra info from a therapist and my GP.
    The supporting letter from my GP sadly did not specifically ask for a home assessment, it did however ask that they make the process as easy as they possibly could for me.
    My partner rang up to ask for a home visit from their advice line but she was told that we now have to call the "medical team dept" to see if this is at all possible??
    Please help with any info as to how I can achieve a home visit as I do need this assessment to happen in the confides of my own home  where I feel safe enough to at least try and answer the questions properly.
    This whole process is impacting negatively on my hard work to understand and improve my illness plus continually dealing with the negative effects it has on a daily basis as i try to function at a decent level.

kind regards.

The assessors tend to view a home assessment as being appropriate only and if you never attend your GP surgery but that the GP always comes to you.
    Their thinking is that if you can manage to go to the surgery you should have no problem going to the assessment centre. 
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @thesilentmajority83 , thank you for sharing this with us.
    Were you able to get through to the medical team department?
    You may be interested in our page on preparing for your PIP assessment.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.