Pip appeal from hell — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal from hell

j39
j39 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi. I had my pip tribunal yesterday and it was hell.  The doctor started off nice then her personality just changed then she became nice at the end.  I have adhd/asd and severe anxiety so yesterday was awful.  I had a friend with me and a rep who both spoke for me.  I tried my best but they just try to confuse you.  My rep didn’t think seem to think anything as bad just said they are all like that. Has anyone else had this feeling after a appeal and it’s been successful?  I was the last person yesterday so they said they will write to me ?

Many thanks 

Comments

• j39
    Sorry messed up a bit there.  Hope it makes sense
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @j39

Welcome to the community. No problem, you explained everything really well. I am sorry to hear you did not have a good experience at the PIP tribunal. I hope the appeal will go well and hear great news about it. ;)
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2019
    j39 said:
    Hi. I had my pip tribunal yesterday and it was hell.  The doctor started off nice then her personality just changed then she became nice at the end.  I have adhd/asd and severe anxiety so yesterday was awful.  I had a friend with me and a rep who both spoke for me.  I tried my best but they just try to confuse you.  My rep didn’t think seem to think anything as bad just said they are all like that. Has anyone else had this feeling after a appeal and it’s been successful?  I was the last person yesterday so they said they will write to me ?

Many thanks 
    Only been to one and it was terrible. I went on my wife's behalf - she was in bed ill. I was told to leave the room half way through and then told to go back in. I was accused of being a drug dealer and a person of no credibility by the doctor. Lost the appeal.
  • j39
    Oh that’s terrible!  Did you ever get it sorted in the end?  Just not need for them to be so rude.  
  • j39
    Hi @j39

Welcome to the community. No problem, you explained everything really well. I am sorry to hear you did not have a good experience at the PIP tribunal. I hope the appeal will go well and hear great news about it. ;)
    Hi.  I don’t know if it was really that bad I’ve never been to one but as I suffer very bad from anxiety I probably made it worse for muself.  Anywhere I’ve read people seem to have ok hearings!  Is that the case with most people?  My rep did say he thinks the doctor was just going on to get me to answer the questions not that she was being rude 

thabks 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    j39 said:
    Oh that’s terrible!  Did you ever get it sorted in the end?  Just not need for them to be so rude.  
    Yes I put in another claim for Attendance Allowance for my wife only days after the hearing. Just a few weeks later the DWP agreed with the claim and awarded her the day & night elements indefinitely.
  • j39
    That’s brilliant great to hear that 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.