ESA TO UNIVERSAL CREDIT — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA TO UNIVERSAL CREDIT

Options
shauncal
shauncal Community member Posts: 5 Listener
My wife has just received a letter from the DWP stating her ESA payments have stopped and she needs to transfer to universal credit. They have awarded her 0 points and seeing that she was on motability higher rate and middle rate care after her assessment. Can someone please tell me does this mean that she is now no longer in receipt of PIP. Or is that a seperate issue

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Having just looked at your previous thread which i answered, i did think that you were confused when you asked you question. Here's the thread. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/56127/why-have-we-been-transferred-from-esa-to-uc-and-will-this-affect-pip#latest

PIP and ESA are completely different benefits. Being found fit for work doesn't affect a PIP claim claim.

Do you claim ESA as a couple, or do you work?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • shauncal
    Options
    On the letter we received from the dwp there was is a points score with it stating 0 points and the reason why they think she's capable of some work
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    One of the groups for ESA is about scoring points, the other group isn't about scoring points. Her ESA decision doesn't affect her PIP claim.

I advise your wife to get some advice from a local advice centre near you. It's impossible to give any advice about claiming any other benefits with no information about your circumstances. The advice centre will also help and advise about the MR/Tribunal for the ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • shauncal
    Options
    Thanks you for your advice poppy we will seek advice

Brightness