PIP payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP payment

jobee
jobee Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi just looking for a bit of advice  i had my tribunal on the 21st january and got my decision there and then (i won my appeal) back on high rate mobility as they reduced it to the lower back in april 2018...... ive only just recieved written confirmation from the courts last week so rang pip and they recieved the decision then also which made it 3 days short of 4 weeks  when i rang the guy told me i should have back money within 3 weeks if all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed but then im reading on here between 5/8 weeks? i havent recieved any letters from pip about any of it so does this mean ive still a long wait???

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news. Yes it can take 8 weeks to receive back dated money after a Tribunal win. This is because DWP have the same chance to appeal the decision we have. To do this they must first request the statement of reasons from the Tribunal and they have 28 days to do this. Once they receive it they must find an error in law in making the decision. If this isn't found they can't appeal. Requesting the statement of reasons doesn't mean they are appealing but they do sometimes request it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @jobee

Thank for sharing this with us. Congratulations on winning your appeal! ;) 
    I believe it may be up to that, but some of our members will be able to confirm this for you.
  • jobee
    thanks for the replies :) its been a terrible year thanks to the benefits adding to all the stress but finally sorted with both pip and universal credit. now just a wait for any moneys to appear. your advice is appriciated.
  • jobee
    just thought id updated 6 weeks Monday since my appeal so rang and was told my new amount has been sent out to be paid for my usual day this Friday and awarded full backdated money from April last year but yet to receive the payment all i was told was the amount and i would get that soon, always thought you had to get back money before new amount was awarded and sent but either way im happy its been sorted :smile:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.