Sick/support group — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sick/support group

bevvy1966
bevvy1966 Community member Posts: 77 Connected
Hi, ive just recently been told by a advisor at the job centre that to be put into the support grouo on sick in u credit u have to be terminally ill. Is this correct?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    No, this is not correct. You have to meet at least one of the LCWRA descriptors the majority of the time.
    See them in the link here. Scroll down to limited capability for work related activity.  https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Your-Situation/Ill-Injured-or-Disabled/Universal-Credit-Capability-for-work-assessment

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • vollante
    vollante Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    My daughter was on ESA and she had to apply for UC for housing benefit. She isn't terminally but has health issues and she was transferred over straight away at her Job centre appointment for the disability component( not sure of it's correct title). She had a very positive appointment the gentleman who did her interview was so helpful and went above and beyond to help her. The only thing he couldn't help with is the 5 week wait for her first payment.

• poppy123456
    vollante said:
    My daughter was on ESA and she had to apply for UC for housing benefit. She isn't terminally but has health issues and she was transferred over straight away at her Job centre appointment for the disability component( not sure of it's correct title). She had a very positive appointment the gentleman who did her interview was so helpful and went above and beyond to help her. The only thing he couldn't help with is the 5 week wait for her first payment.

Hi,

When she was claiming ESA, if she was in a group when you transfer across to UC they will place in the relevant group for UC. She will of course be reviewed again anytime from 3 months after she was last reviewed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • vollante
    You advised me when I was unsure if she would e financially worse off. The advisor at the job centre informed us that my daughter will not have to be reviewed every 6 months as her condition will not change. I am hoping that he is corrects as the anxiety that this causes her is severe but he was very helpful and took into consideration my daughters issues. Very positive appointment which has not been my experience in the past. perhaps this time she /I was just lucky. 

• vollante
    Oh and yes she was in the Support group when on ESA

• poppy123456
    UC work capability assessment reviews are the same as ESA and they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months. The only time this doesn't happen is if you're placed into the severe conditions group and then assessments are turned off. These are new rules that were introduced in October 2017 and very few people are lucky enough to be put into this group.

I'm glad you had a positive experience. Always happy to help.
  • vollante
    Yes they were turned off by the lovely gentleman at his discretion. He said that he could see that my daughter was struggling. I am sure that is correct. We are going back on the 1st march just to tick 3 more to do's. One was my grandsons birth certificate and the other was to put the claim for housing benefit as there was an error with her new flat number. All looking very good. I thought it would be an encouraging thing for others to read some positive feedback for a change. I will update you with the review situation.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.