DWP will not apologise — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP will not apologise

Options
chocolatelover
chocolatelover Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Can anyone help me, yes I am another that has maladministration error with DWP that has caused my terminally ill motherin law to be harassed and persecuted by dwp and coop funeral parlour to her death and now my family are.
We have gone through tribunal Ice - fully justified, had backing of MP and DWP wont even apologise!!!!! Can anyone advise me.

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @chocolatelover

Thank you for sharing this with us. I am so sorry to hear what happened to your mother in law, this must have been a really difficult time for you and your family. 

Some of our member may be able to support you with this soon.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Without being cynical I have yet to hear of the DWP, or even any government department apologise for failing to carry out their duties in a way that causes as little stress for the claimant and the family at large.

In my time with the government an apology was an admission of being guilty of something.
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    edited February 2019
    Options
    There is no justice in this country any more [edited by moderator]
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Benistmonk
    I have edited your comment, though I appreciate your feelings, under guidance from the Electoral Commission we must make sure that the community does not "contain content that can reasonably be regarded as intended to influence voters", and under Charity Commission guidance we must ensure Scope is neutral.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    Options
    Fair enough, thank you.
  • chocolatelover
    chocolatelover Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Yadnad, I dont understand though, their own complaints procedure,MP, Tribunal Judge all say they are guilty. Their is a quote from Ann Abrahams about how they have let administration errors escalate till they are out of control- she no longer works there!!!!. This is an couple that were born and worked in this country all their life and been through the war and never been in debt. The Dwp and coop funeralcare rang and harassed Mary continuously up to and after her death. Words fail me and I am too much of a lady to say what I truly feel, but just wish someone would help me get the justice my husband wants for his mum.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.