Back pay — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back pay

Katrin4894
Katrin4894 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Can someone help me I made a phone call to dwp about pip in November 2018 an not sure if back pay starts from then or when they receive forms

Comments

• smokeyjoey
    smokeyjoey Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    Starts from the call 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If your PIP claim is successful and you're transferring from DLA then there's no back pay. If it's a first PIP claim then it's back dated to the date you started your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Katrin4894
    Have been given wht looks like 2 monrhs backpay an no reward letter so looks like they have underpaid me also I was on esa before so will i I still keep tht 
  • poppy123456
    ESA and PIP are totally different. When did you start your claim for PIP? Do you know what you've been awarded?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Katrin4894
    Pip claim was started in November via phone call then filled in forms had face to face in January not had letter to say what rate of pip I get just had amount of money in bank 
  • poppy123456
    It's possible that you've not been awarded what you expected, so less back dated money to receive.
  • poppy123456
    PIP amounts are here. Maybe you can work out what award you received base on these. If not, then you can either ring DWP tomorrow to ask what award you received or wait for the award letter.
    Daily living - standard rate£57.30
    Daily living - enhanced rate£85.60
    Mobility - standard rate£22.65
    Mobility - enhanced rate£59.75

• Katrin4894
    Looking at dwp sites an wht I got paid I'm on the stardard rate for both components 
  • poppy123456
    That's great news. You said you think you've been underpaid, were you hoping for a higher award?
  • Ilovemywifesomuch01
    Ilovemywifesomuch01 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Sorry to intrude but iv left a post also looking for pip advice its very long my wife never got back pay when she was awarded but that was last year so that may of changed.
  • poppy123456
    Sorry to intrude but iv left a post also looking for pip advice its very long my wife never got back pay when she was awarded but that was last year so that may of changed.
    Hi,

When transferring from DLA to PIP there's no backpay, even if the PIP award is higher than the DLA award was.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.