My Daughter has been declared fit for work. How will that affect things? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My Daughter has been declared fit for work. How will that affect things?

mrsfalla2012
mrsfalla2012 Community member Posts: 9 Listener

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mrsfalla2012
    Welcome to the community, how are you doing today? Do you want to tell us a little more about yourself?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • mrsfalla2012
    Hi I’m Lorna I’m 46 years old married with 2 kids I work as a cleaner at the local high school I live in the Scottish Borders in a little town called earlston 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mrsfalla2012 welcome to the community! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • mrsfalla2012
    Thank you so much just discovered this site so it’s good to know I can get advice 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mrsfalla2012

Good Evening and Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help support you with???

@steve51
  • mrsfalla2012
    My daughter who has high functioning autism received a letter today saying that she can work now she receives esa and pip will working effect any of her benefits she is getting now 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP is not a means-tested benefit, meaning any other household income (job/other benefits) will not affect your PIP benefit. However, ESA is a means-tested benefit.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    My daughter who has high functioning autism received a letter today saying that she can work now she receives esa and pip will working effect any of her benefits she is getting now 
    Hi,

Has she been found fit for work after a work capability assessment?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mrsfalla2012
    Yes she has she received a letter from dwp yesterday 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes she has she received a letter from dwp yesterday 
    Her ESA will now stop and her next step is to request the Mandatory Reconsideration and she has 28 days from the date of the decision to request this. Does she receive the severe disability premium in with her ESA because she lives alone and no one claim carers allowance for looking after her?

I'd advise her to get help and advice from a local advice centre near her, CAB or welfare rights if possible. Her PIP won't be affected.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Hi there, and welcome! 

Do you mind me asking... 

So you feel she is ready to work and therfore needs support in doing that... 

Or do you feel they have made a wrong decision? 
  • mrsfalla2012
    I don’t think she’s ready for work at all but she will need so much support if she does 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.