re assesing pip award — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

re assesing pip award

Options
christinedavies
christinedavies Community member Posts: 27 Listener
Hi in 2016 i was receiving high rate care and standard rate mobility for pip . In 2017 i went for assessment and scored 4 points care zero points for mobility , wondered if i would be one of the cases thatss going to be reviewed as i understand it went to high court and that they were going to re check peoples claims ..... thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,982 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The only descriptor that changed is following and planning a journey for the mobility part. They are in the process of reviewing all decision made after November 2016. Once they've reviewed the claims they contact you with a decision but there's no face to face assessment needed for this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • christinedavies
    Options
    hi poppy thanks for reply i did score 12 points for following and planning journey in 2016 and was not awarded it 2017 will it apply to me

• poppy123456
    Options
    I have no idea, sorry. It will depend on how your conditions affect you. To score 12 points in following and planning a journey for mental health then you would need to prove you suffer from overwhelming psychological distress. Link here.

Did you request the MR then Tribunal if that failed? If not was there any reason why you didn't?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • christinedavies
    Options
    i did request MR I was waiting for a letter from my g.p. he ws on holiday by the time i sent it off i was too late , i didnt bother after that my own fault but i was so poorly as we had to deaths 8 weeks apart and it knocked all the stuffing out of me ..you know . I had been thinking about re-applying and now was a good time for me .

• poppy123456
    Options
    As it was in 2017 then you're outside the time frame where you can do anything about it now because it's been more than 13 months.

Applying again is your only option. Make sure you send evidence to support your claim and fill out that form with as much information as possible. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity  for each descriptor that applies to you.
  • christinedavies
    Options
    i have an appointment tomorrow with MIND then cab 26th feb to help me with form , the reason they gave for me not getting it last time was because i didnt have a panic attack during assesment .
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That will be part of following and planning a journey. If you don't suffer from overwhelming psychological distress then scoring points in this descriptor is extremely difficult.
  • christinedavies
    Options
    I do Poppy thats why i got it before but they seemed to think i was okay so will have to wait and see
  • sparkle22
    sparkle22 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Options
    I have no idea, sorry. It will depend on how your conditions affect you. To score 12 points in following and planning a journey for mental health then you would need to prove you suffer from overwhelming psychological distress. Link here.

Did you request the MR then Tribunal if that failed? If not was there any reason why you didn't?

I just wanted to comment on the last point you made. I'm in a similar position to the OP, and I also didnt ask for a MR or appeal.  I was left so ill by the f2f assessment that I couldn't function for weeks, and that was from just talking to one person in a room. The problem is, when you suffer from OPD your less likely to be mentally able to go to tribunal. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.