Review form- ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Review form- ESA

Options
fossoux
fossoux Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
HI,  I completed the ESA review form and was sent a letter from my Job Centre stating that I’m entitled to ESA (income based) and placed in the Support group.  Is this the way in which they inform you of the decision made after completing the review form as it did not state how many points I had scored. Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,039 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It may have been yes, they have a very strange way of doing the ESA decision letters. Were you previously in the Support Group or is this the first time? It's not about scoring points, it's about satisfying at least one of the support group descriptors or reg 35.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fossoux
    Options
    Hi @poppy123456,

thank for the help!  Yes have been in the Support group for 3 years. Received the review form and returned it’s then received the job centre letter stating I was entitled to ESA and have been placed in the support group.
  • fossoux
    Options
    @poppy123456

just one other point- the letter did not say how long they had awarded ESA for. I don’t recall them telling me before when I was placed in the support group 3 years ago? Thank you
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ESA is not a time limited benefit. It can be reviewed at any time from three months, however SG will normally be a 3 year review subject to backlogs
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,039 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I disagree that the Support Group is normally for 3 years. They can still re-assess you anytime from 3 months and i've heard of this happening to people. My last time scale between re-assessments for my ESA was 2 years and i'm also in the Support Group.

ESA decision letters don't state a time scale. You can ring and ask DWP but it will still only be a guide.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fossoux
    Options
    Thank you @CockneyRebel & @poppy123456.

I think I’m right in saying that ESA reviews can be undertaken after 3 months of an award being given and up to a period of 3 years, so in reality it could be anytime between those dates.

thanks for all the advice.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, a review can take place anytime after 3 months of an award being given. Due to backlogs some reviews for SG group are being defered
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.