Reassessment of PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reassessment of PIP

hellsbells42
hellsbells42 Community member Posts: 52 Connected
Hi everyone, I’m really hoping that someone knows the answer to my question. Last month I had a face to face assessment for UC and was awarded LCWRA. that was bad enough in itself as I hate going out, but now my PIP award is coming to an end in Oct this year, so I filled in the paperwork when they sent it to me and now they have just written to me claiming they are doing a f2f interview. I read somewhere that if you are awarded LCWRA you dont have to be reassessed for PIP. Can someone tell me if this is correct or not. Thank you.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm afraid you read incorrectly. PIP and UC are completely different benefits and an award of LCWRA doesn't mean you won't be re-assessed for PIP. You will need to attend the face to face assessment for PIP, if you don't attend then you're PIP will stop.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hellsbells42
    Hiya, oh yes I know they’re two seperate ones but from what I read you dont need another f2f. I will see if I can attach the bit I read.
  • hellsbells42
  • hellsbells42
  • hellsbells42
    Yes I know @ilovecats, but if you read all of it, the Universal credit LCWRA is the same as the support group of ESA.
  • hellsbells42
  • poppy123456
    You are completely misreading what this means. A PIP award doesn't exclude you from future re-assessments for UC.

What this means is that if you're placed into the severe conditions group for UC after your next assessment then no future assessments will be required because they will be switched off. It has nothing to do with a PIP award. Not everyone will be placed into this group, even if you currently have LCWRA or whether you're in the Support Group.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • hellsbells42
  • hellsbells42
    I read it as that I have been awarded LCWRA in Universal Credit (which is the same as the old ESA support group), so I wouldnt need a reassessment f2f for PIP.
  • poppy123456
    I'm sorry but my advice is still the same. Having LCWRA or being placed into the support group doesn't mean that you've been placed into the severe conditions group and all future assessments are turned off. It doesn't mean this until you're placed into this group.

I'm in the support group for ESA and have recently had another re-assessment because i'm not placed into the severe conditions group. You will need to attend your work capability assessment, if you don't then you'll be found fit for work for failing to attend.If you're not placed into this group then they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months.
  • poppy123456
    I read it as that I have been awarded LCWRA in Universal Credit (which is the same as the old ESA support group), so I wouldnt need a reassessment f2f for PIP.
    Again, this is incorrect sorry. UC and ESA are totally different to PIP. For PIP you'll be reviewed 1 year before your award is due to end, unless you were awarded by a Tribunal and then DWP contact you 14 weeks before the award is due to end.
  • hellsbells42
    No I get what you’re saying, they are completely diff benefits, but I have just read so many articles this afternoon that ‘suggest’ that just having had a f2f for my LCWRA will make me exempt from having another one for PIP as I have life long conditions. 
  • hellsbells42
    Thanks for responding, maybe I just need to ring and ask the DWP to clarify it rather than reading lots of different articles.
  • poppy123456
    No I get what you’re saying, they are completely diff benefits, but I have just read so many articles this afternoon that ‘suggest’ that just having had a f2f for my LCWRA will make me exempt from having another one for PIP as I have life long conditions. 
    Nope sorry you're completely wrong. Life long conditions for LCWRA/support group have nothing to do with PIP.
  • hellsbells42
  • poppy123456

PIP isn't mentioned anywhere in the above screenshot. This is because it's not about PIP, this is for future work capability assessments for ESA/UC for those who have LCWRA and Support Group awards. It means if you're placed into the severe conditions group then all future work capability assessments will be switched off.

• hellsbells42
    Thanks @poppy123456, I was misunderstanding it then. Further up you say about a tribunal, well mine went to that and the courts overturned the devision of the DWP. However they have still sent me forms to fill out again 1 year before. The courts awarded me it til Oct this year and I got paperwork to fill in, in Oct last year. How come they havent left it til 14 weeks before?
  • poppy123456
    No problem. I have no idea why. Maybe your award from the Tribunal was different but you'll need to check your award letter to know for sure.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.