Following. And planning a journey — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Following. And planning a journey

Options
Firefly123
Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
Hi just received my daughters paperbased assessment is a bit confusing as won't start until April even though the descion was made sometime in January and will end 3rd January 22 seems a few errors as was told with her brother now you only get 10 points for following and planning a journey is that correct.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi just received my daughters paperbased assessment is a bit confusing as won't start until April even though the descion was made sometime in January and will end 3rd January 22 seems a few errors as was told with her brother now you only get 10 points for following and planning a journey is that correct.

Hi,

If she's transferring from DLA then this is paid for a further 4 weeks then PIP starts about 3 weeks after that.

As for the following and planning a journey descriptor then it will totally depend on how her conditions affect her. People do score 12 points for this descriptor but with very little information it's impossible to give any advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Firefly123
    Options
    Hi @poppy123456 yes she is transferring from DLA ah so that will be why it so long to start then. Yes she got 12 points for following and planning a journey which I was not expecting and enhanced daily living I did send lots of evidence but listened to your less is more so thank you for that 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @poppy123456 yes she is transferring from DLA ah so that will be why it so long to start then. Yes she got 12 points for following and planning a journey which I was not expecting and enhanced daily living I did send lots of evidence but listened to your less is more so thank you for that 
    Fantastic news! I'm glad to hear my advice helped.

My daughter has had a paper based review and now i'm waiting for a decision. Fingers crossed, her Enhanced for both parts continues.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Firefly123
    Options
    Hi @poppy123456 yes your advice definitely helped as was used to DLA and Pip is very different reading your advice to myself and others helped me understand it better  so thank you all 3 now have pip and after all the horror stories I had read on here we've actually had it rather easy.
    I wish you good luck with your daughters claim. x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.