Personal Independence Payment & Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Personal Independence Payment & Tribunal

Georgem1994
Georgem1994 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hiya,
I am in the process of going to Tribunal for my Personal Independence Payment, The DWP has sent all there documents to me now but they have sent me an old claim I did in 2017 that did not get awarded. I am just wondering if this is a normal procedure as I only thought they would be sending documents from my current claim I am doing.
Many Thanks
George

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi George and welcome

The DWP must provide you with a copy of all the evidence that they used. If your old claim formed part of their decision then it will be included.
    When you prepare your submission you should check that all your evidence is included in the bundle. Concentrate on showing that you meet the criteria for each descriptor that applies and give 2 or 3 examples of what happened last time you attemped each one.

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Georgem1994
    Okay Thank you, should I also ring the DWP or the courts because they have not included one of my illnesses? Plus is it normal for the DWP to ask the tribunal to dismiss the appeal and ask to confirm the secretary of state's decision in there letter
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You should only contact the tribunal now and not the DWP. it is usual for DWP to ask for an appeal to be dismissed.
    The important thing is to show how your functionallity is affected, your illnesses are of secondary importance
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Georgem1994
    Okay, thank you so much for your help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.