Won appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won appeal?

davidstill1973
davidstill1973 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
I won my appeal but I rang up to see what happens now and they say it go's back to pip who can appeal it again. Taken 18months for all this to get as far as it has for me to win it and now am told they can appeal it. Is it going to take another 18 months? Or is it them just out to destroy me somemore?

Comments

• michfinch
    michfinch Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    It’s horrendous isn’t it. I’ve been ongoing 2 years and haven’t won an Appeal but I have one coming up. Soul destroying....
  • bi786
    bi786 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    Hi congrats 

what at was U awarded when u first applied an when you appeal what rate have u been awarded
  • bi786
    bi786 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    As it will help us all who have been awarded 0 points not to give up an apeal
  • davidstill1973
    I have been awarded 2 for preparing food
    2 for eating and bathing
    2 for toilet needs 
    2 for engaging people face to face 
    Only awarded 2 originally for toilet needs. 
    Will it get appealed by them or not and if so am I looking at another 18 months of this
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,936 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It can take 8 weeks to be paid any backdated money they owe you.

DWP have the same chance we do to appeal the decision. Before they can do this they must first ask for the statement of reasons and they have 1 month to do this. From there they must find an error in law before they can take it any further.

Not much you can do until you hear from DWP. If they do request the statement of reasons they'll write to you to tell you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    They can only appeal if there is a error of law. I won my appeal in December they normally have 1 month to ask for statement of reasons. I waited the month rang them yesterday and they said they allowed my appeal will pay arrears within 14 days. I will then have my payments put into place the following month. Hope this helps.
  • smokeyjoey
    smokeyjoey Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    When I won appeal it was the same, like we had 30 days to appeal so do DWP, but they do have to find an error of law to be able to, mine didn't appeal and my money was back dated and in my account on the fifth week, your case may not be the same but fingers crossed you've not got much longer to wait 
  • davidstill1973
    THANK you to all that have commented to help me understand what they r doing
  • mandora
    mandora Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    hia I had my court tribunal hearing in jan  2019 I was told they would let me know the out come in a few days i did win my appea,l after 2 weeks I phoned the dwp up to ask why I had not heard from them they said it could take weeks I had worked full time for 37 years and had to pack work up due to fibromyalgia spondilocus of the neck and back and bad grip in my hands depression and i have incontinence both ways bad so enough was enough for work anyway 2 days later after I had phoned the dwp I got a letter saying july they can no longer pay me contribution based employment and support allowance has I will have reached 365 days something else to stress me out how the hell do I stand then you have one fight then its another they do not get it well they do they just want you to give in I reckon and I still haven't heard from dwp yet about my won appeal and its a month now what the hell no wonder we all are ready for banging our bloody heads against the wall 
  • shazzer5
    shazzer5 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    I won my appeal but I rang up to see what happens now and they say it go's back to pip who can appeal it again. Taken 18months for all this to get as far as it has for me to win it and now am told they can appeal it. Is it going to take another 18 months? Or is it them just out to destroy me somemore?
    hi david no how u feel .same here won tribunal in jan 2weeks later dwp  asked the court for sor.i ring courts every week ..get told 1 thing then another ,,its so annoying....just like keeping u hanging an not fair
  • shazzer5
    shazzer5 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    They can only appeal if there is a error of law. I won my appeal in December they normally have 1 month to ask for statement of reasons. I waited the month rang them yesterday and they said they allowed my appeal will pay arrears within 14 days. I will then have my payments put into place the following month. Hope this helps.
    hi did u get yor statement of reason through...or just waited the month.as i rang dwp they said it with courts now i gotta wait

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.