Capita v atos — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capita v atos

steve34
steve34 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
If you get a certain level of award after being assessed by a person from capita can the dwp decide to remove the mobility component after a reassessment by atos after reporting a worsening of mental illness?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Yes, unfortunately this can happen. They changed the rules for following and planning a journey for mental health in 2018, making is much harder to score points in this activity. Unless you're suffering from overwhelming psychological distress, it's extremely difficult to score points in this activity.

If you disagree with the decision then your first step is to request the MR and you have 28 days to do this. I'd advise you to get face to face advice from an advice centre near you. This link will help you find an advice centre. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steve34
    steve34 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Thanks for the quick reply. It seems that the goal posts have moved. My wife suffers from paranoid schizophrenia and won't go out on her own unless it's somewhere she regularly goes and quite often can't do that because she is paranoid. I've read that there is some legal ruling or something related to this and people are being reassessed. Is this relevant? 
    Thanks again

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.