Carer's and esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carer's and esa

dannyUK76
dannyUK76 Community member Posts: 106 Courageous
hello everyone so i got letter saying my partner was due carer allowance from feb 18 to may 18 said it was 736 pound but she wont get it as i was getting esa at the time so what now will they deduct some and give her the rest????

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Carers allowance is deducted £1 for £1 from the ESA claim and they add a carers premium of £36 per week. You'll receive the £36 backdated for approximately 12 weeks which is about £432.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dannyUK76
    Just checked my account and carers not been paid I'm due back pay for my partner from Feb to May but have a active claim from May 7th onwards no letter or nothing just stopped the money  
  • poppy123456
    Carers allowance don't pay the backdated money because you were claiming ESA. The £36 carers premium which is backdated is paid by DWP (ESA)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    What active claim did you have from May 7th? Do you still claim ESA as a couple?
  • dannyUK76
    Yes and we was getting esa and my Partney getting 64 a week carers allowance 
  • dannyUK76
    Feb 07th to may 6th 2018 was date I won pip at tribunal carers should started from then.im on ongoing pip from 7th May so was getting ESA and my partner getting 64 a week carers up till today told payments go live on carers March see now I'm confused like they mucked up somewhere.
    Also we on joint claim getting around 300 every 2 weeks in support group. 
  • poppy123456
    Carers allowance will be deducted £1 for £1 from your ESA (£64.30 per week) carers allowance then pay your partner this amount per week. ESA then add the carers premium of £36 per week. You won't be owed the full £64.30 per week because you claim ESA. What will be backdated is the £36 per week carers premium. This means that you'll be £36 per week better off, not £64.30.

Receiving payment today in your bank will depend on who you bank with, some banks won't show payment until Monday and some will show them late Sunday night. I know Natwest changed their weekend payments and now it doesn't show until Monday.
  • dannyUK76
    I'm with barclays shows every other time 
  • dannyUK76
    Can't do nothing till Monday this is 2nd time now in last couple months they messed up. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.