Something or someone for everyone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Something or someone for everyone

Sholay09
Sholay09 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
Hello all I am asking whether there is actually something or someone for everyone because there was some people that do believe that there is someone for everyone and that some people have said to me that there is actually someone out there for everyone including myself. I wanted to ask you all what you all think and whether it is actually true because I hope it is actually true as there is got to be something or someone out there for everyone and there has got to be more happiness out there for everyone too?
S.York

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, depends on what you are looking for ? Love, wealth inner peace, contentment, fulfilment wholeness, happyness,  completeness. When will you, me they know when we  have what we have been looking, waiting for. For me its being at rest with where I am at this moment in time knowing I have done my best wishing I could have done better and hope to do more tomorrow. The future is to come and past has gone enjoy the moments we have with those we have around us, the ones we cate for and love.
  • Sholay09
    Sholay09 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
    edited February 2019
    Well I am looking for love, fulfilment, completeness and happiness in my life.
    S.York
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    With love, I think its unexpected. I actually hated my fiance when I first met him! Now I can't go a day without him! Keep your heart open but not too open to become vulnerable.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Sholay09 Thank you for sharing.  Please can I make a suggestion if you looking and wanting things to come to .

Have a variety of interests and hobbies, skills and talents that bring you into the community then that will bring you to the attention and interaction of people.

Love and happiness. First love yourself and be kind then others will appreciate your endeavours.  

Also make use of your talents, skills and qualities . Every one has a talent a skill a quality that they can bequeath to the community.

Could be something practical or materialistic . 

Happiness is how you perceive your life to be.  I have as it is well documented Mental health issues but use my skills and talents to make my self happy.

Simple ways and means.  Small steps.

Understand we have talked about this before. Make a list on a piece of paper small goals and aims that you wish to achieve.

Put your talents and skills qualities on another piece of paper. Use them to find opportunities . Can be simple ones .

I volunteered from the age of about 17 ongoing now 55.  On and off volunteering opportunities have a look at your local volunteer bureau.

Match your skills and talents to the opportunities .  Remember fulfilment is the chance to make something of your life.

I understand if you have confidence, certain other issues might effect you. Yet if I throw stones in the path do I go around or stop altogether.

As for love and friendship what is important is making yourself gain confidence. From doing small things. Preparing a simple meal to your friends. Any one has a dog do walking for them.

Delivering leaflets, magazines.

Great way to meet people

Being kind and supportive to people who you meet.  Simple charitable beginnings can be beneficial to your wellbeing.  Be from planet politeness.

I used to volunteer in kitchens of cafes, restaurants to wash up and do this for nothing. With my disability and was open and honest with my problems add my issues.

At the time had so be utilising my talents came across more friends and from there became the journey. I am on now.

Hope that helps you.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness