Pip assessor’s report mental health ignored — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessor’s report mental health ignored

Options
Colu15
Colu15 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I had my pip review on 14th February and today I got a copy of the assessor’s report. If decision maker agrees I’ll increase to enhanced rates for both elements and will have no further reviews. The report says mental health not causing any problems as I’m not having counselling. I do take antidepressants and changed medications in October due to suicidal thoughts. He’s put that I wasn’t anxious or stressed throughout assessment which isn’t true I was very anxious and that made my arm spasm and twitch badly so much so that my mum who is my carer held my hand to calm me down. I don’t know whether I should go back to them about this and other things missed or just wait until decision letter? Just thinking stress wise it would be worth waiting for decision letter and if that shows I’m on enhanced rates for life to just let it go.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Wait for the decision letter, if indeed you are awarded enhanced for both elements then that is the best you will get. MH is very difficult to claim for and it really doesn't matter what has been missed if you have the maximum award
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • lounattil3
    lounattil3 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi if you ask for MR do you lose your award the decision maker has given u . Thanks
  • lounattil3
    Options
    Posted review 0ct 18 had text feb 19 say recieved it got text 8th feb from dwp saying got report no assessment got report today full of lies and seems that dismissed all evidence dont know what to do
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,023 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi if you ask for MR do you lose your award the decision maker has given u . Thanks
    Not while the claim is being looked at again no. However, it is possible to lose everything you've already got once the decision is made but mostly the decision remains the same.

If you're thinking of requesting an MR on a decision that's recently been made then you need to get further face to face advice because no one on an internet forum can tell you if there's any risks to an existing award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lounattil3
    Options
    Thank you very much for your reply .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.