Pip assessor’s report mental health ignored — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessor’s report mental health ignored

Colu15
Colu15 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I had my pip review on 14th February and today I got a copy of the assessor’s report. If decision maker agrees I’ll increase to enhanced rates for both elements and will have no further reviews. The report says mental health not causing any problems as I’m not having counselling. I do take antidepressants and changed medications in October due to suicidal thoughts. He’s put that I wasn’t anxious or stressed throughout assessment which isn’t true I was very anxious and that made my arm spasm and twitch badly so much so that my mum who is my carer held my hand to calm me down. I don’t know whether I should go back to them about this and other things missed or just wait until decision letter? Just thinking stress wise it would be worth waiting for decision letter and if that shows I’m on enhanced rates for life to just let it go.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Although it can be very frustrating when things aren't mentioned in a report. However, as the report recommends Enhanced for both we no further reviews, with the decision maker usually going with the report, you can't have a higher award than that including the length of time. You would be risking everything by challenging that, therefore i would leave it as it is.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, I have to agree with Poppy, don't rock the boat you can't and won't get a better award by complaining. Leave well alone.
  • Colu15
    Colu15 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thanks I was thinking that too don’t want to risk losing anything and been stressed about review for 8 months so to have it over and done with without any more stress would be good.
  • Pipquestions2
    Pipquestions2 Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    edited February 2019
    Your probably getting enhances rates.. ignore the lies & wait for the official decision. Challenging the lies won't get you anywhere better off than what's suggested so no point fighting or worrying about them.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.