Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Arthritis

I have lost my ESA which I have had for over 3 years as the hcp said at my last wca that arthritis was not an illness is this true

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,248 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Arthritis is a disability yes and some are affected more than others. As you've been found fit for work then your next step is to request the MR and you have 28 days from the date of the decision to request this.

Contact a local advice centre near you for help, support and face to face advice.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • BenistmonkBenistmonk Member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    No it is not true, Arthritis is an illness, what the HCP (AKA quack) looks for is how much it limits your ability to do daily tasks. 

It affects some people more than others.
  • babybellebabybelle Member Posts: 3 Listener
    I requested a mr it was denied just sent the form off for an appeal I read in the notes from the hcp he grossly exaggerated everything u told him 
Sign in or join us to comment.