My deadline for esa form to be in is 28th Feb.. I — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My deadline for esa form to be in is 28th Feb.. I

Options
jayne1956
jayne1956 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I sent my form.in today 23rd Feb  1st class..as oncologist only returned it Friday 22nd Feb to me..will it arrive on their system on time

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It's impossible to answer that i'm afraid. Best thing to do is to ring them on the 27th to check it's arrived.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jayne1956
    Options
    I will worry now as so many sites are saying it takes longer ..but the dead line was 28th..i also got proof of posting..my friend sent his 2days before dead line and they said not received so stopped his money
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @jayne1956
    Just a heads up always send signed for to the DWP that way you can check online before calling them to see if somebody has received it. Proof of posting is not necessarily proof of receipt.Good luck.
        Debsidoo.x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Signed for delivery also doesn't mean it's arrived with the DWP. All it means is that it's arrived at the sorting office and someone from royal mail has signed for it. Proof of posting is good enough to prove you posted it. Lots of people can't afford to pay the cost for next day delivery, especially as it's not proof it's there.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Spibes
    Spibes Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Options
    Hello there Jayne.

It's dependent on the area you're in but if it's a ESA50 form sent to Maximus it is usually quicker than when we send mail to the DWP directly. 

I for example sent my esa50 off on the 6th November on a Tuesday and it was received on the Thursday on the 8th. 

It can take longer but fingers crossed. 

If worst comes to worst and they do not receive it, ring the health advisory service and inform them it was sent a few days before. 

If they still refer back to the DWP because the ESA50 wasn't received on time when the DWP send you a letter asking why it wasn't received your good reason for being late would be you sent it off a few days before and the mail wasn't quick enough. 

They will be able to tell you sent it off in time with the date you signed on the form when you completed it which will work in your favour.

Don't panic yet but if worst comes to worst we're here for you too provide you with support. 
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi there, just give them a call and tell them it may be Kate for these legitimate reasons. It should be absolutely fine
  • jayne1956
    Options
    I phoned this morning still haven't received it..I also copied information and took it to the assessment centre..and put in their internal box ..they have taken note..but still worrying

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.