Citizens Advice Bureau unhelpful. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Citizens Advice Bureau unhelpful.

Benistmonk
Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
Does anyone know who regulates this organisation, who do you complain to if they are not helpful at all?

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Hi it was Grt with me ring the number x
  • michfinch
    michfinch Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    I think it depends who answers/is sitting in front of you. My Sister took me there expecting all the answers we were looking for re my Divorce without having to pay a Lawyer. We sat in front of a nice young man who didn’t know how to assist. I’m now with the most expensive Law Firm in Newcastle, my Family paying as I can’t.
  • Benistmonk
    It is looking that way for me too, seems like I am going to have to get the family to cough up for a solicitor. Cheapest I have seen so far charges £175.00 per hour.
  • Dotty123
    See if one does plan on low income 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Benistmonk   Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience of Citizen's Advice.

Have you had a look on their website. There are complaints procedures you can do and also looking for help with a solicitor if you key in what you need .

You get links to the Law Society.  Plus lots of advice and information on legal aid.

I hope that helps.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • michfinch
    michfinch Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    What I would say is that I have been told some CAB’s are able to help more in some areas rather than others. My Divorce is just so messy that my ex Husband’s Lawyers acting on behalf of the NHS for the remaining joint assets want me to class as just a Creditor! Good luck to all ?
  • Dotty123
  • Benistmonk
    They were alright to begin with, said they would help out when I get the DWP response. Since then, I have had 2 phone calls from them, different people, one saying we will contact you as soon as we have an appointment slot free, then today I get a call from some joker telling me to sort out my own defence, we don't have time to help you and all that nonsense. 

I think the second call was from the person who was supposed to help me as arranged, but decided he couldn't be bothered.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.