DWP want full DIRECT access to claimants medical records! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP want full DIRECT access to claimants medical records!

Options
2»

Comments

• michfinch
    michfinch Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Options
    The process seems to creak and groan as to how long everything takes. There may be a plethora of reasons why. If the process is speedier and the outcome doesn’t leave people waiting, waiting and wondering - if it is quick or extended, the outcome could still be inaccurate.
    As I say, I’m not in the least bit concerned whether my data stays confidential or not. If you’re unwell, you’re unwell and treatment given. Hopefully, Assessors who are trained Dr’s in the area of medicine which suits your health condition can assess you fairly under the terms of medicine and under the Laws of Equality. 
  • sparkle22
    sparkle22 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Options
    Just because the DWP are incompetent doesnt mean disability claimants should suffer the consequences. The process creaks and groans because people who should be awarded benefits are refused and have to appeal which causes lots of extra work, If they assessed people fairly in the first place then there wouldn't be so much work from MR's and Tribunals, and they wouldn't be so behind!
  • michfinch
    michfinch Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you. My Work Coach has suggested seeing Momentum Skills part of the DWP. I have been seeing a Psychologist from there for a year every week. He’s even written a letter saying emotionally and mentally etc I am not fit for work. The DWP appointed him for me!!! 
  • wendy41
    wendy41 Community member Posts: 227 Pioneering
    Options
    @sparkle 22 There is something called GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) that organisations have to comply with to keep people's data SAFE! If any breach is made then the ICO (Information Commissioner's Office) Government agency are the ones that address the breach. If you google ICO there is loads of 'interesting' information to read. Which helps when it comes to things that concern. 
  • wendy41
    Options
    and believe me the ICO do act. Organisations can get slapped with seriously  HEFTY fines for breaching data. 
    https://ico.org.uk/action-weve-taken/
  • wendy41
    Options
     :) This is a prime example from this website  

Hi @Louc This sounds like an increasingly relevant subject to speak about.  I'm looking forward to reading the article if you could share it with us when it's done?

Also, could you send us a little email to community@scope.org.uk so we can clarify how you will use our members comments?  We just need to make sure any details/data are kept safe.

Many thanks :) 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @wendy41 thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I'm sure you know this thread is a few years old now, and the members involved haven't been active since 2019 or 2020, so they might not respond to your replies straight away.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • samik51
    samik51 Community member Posts: 58 Connected
    Options
     How  can they  look  at ur   priavte  medical  records?? With out permission  its against  the  law unless  you  consent  to  it  I refused consent   a few  years ago   when  social services were after  snooping  about  on  my   records   I said  no 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    Hello everyone, just a reminder that this thread is actually a few years old now, in case anyone is feeling concerned.

@tomm you've mentioned the NHS App, so I thought I'd share the NHS Account Privacy Policy you can access under 'Account and settings' and then 'legal and cookies'.

Everything is managed according to data protection law, and any user would always have control over any third party access to personal information.

It's also interesting to consider that not everyone has access to this app as not everyone has a smartphone or tablet, and some people may well have chosen not to get vaccinated, or cannot be vaccinated due to medical exemptions.
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Alex_Scope said: It's also interesting to consider that not everyone has access to this app as not everyone has a smartphone or tablet, and some people may well have chosen not to get vaccinated, or cannot be vaccinated due to medical exemptions.
    The NHS App is about much more than vaccination records so I don't see the relevance of vaccination records to a discussion of the App.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @calcotti I was addressing this point by tomm: 
    DIGITAL ID currently known as the NHS  app that they used for jab status
    In my own experience I never knew about or used the app before the pandemic, but I appreciate that it's different for different people :) 
    Scope

• calcotti
    Options
    In my own experience I never knew about or used the app before the pandemic, but I appreciate that it's different for different people :) 
    My point was simply that the NHS App is not just for accessing vaccination records. It gives parents access to their medication and complete medical records and more if the user chooses to set it up.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    calcotti said:
      It gives parents access

Typo, i'm sure that should be "patients" :D
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    Options
    poppy123456 said:Typo, i'm sure that should be "patients" :D
    It should indeed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.