Daughter has lost PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Daughter has lost PIP

kaz48
kaz48 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My daughter is 19 have lost her PIP nothing has changed since the last assessment losing it will have a knock on effect to her daily life 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kaz48 welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened, when did you receive the decision? If you would like to appeal then you have to apply for a mandatory reconsideration within 28 days from the date the decision was made
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kaz48 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. Sorry what has happened.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

As my friend @Ami2301 has given you some excellent advice.

We have lots on appeals on our website.

I would speak to CAB about the appeals procedures. Benefits are complex and confusing. You need the right information.

Please ask if we can help with anything further.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • kaz48
    kaz48 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you she has anxiety badly ASD and they put everything at no points on the form I take her to college 3x a week on a bus when she’s at home she doesn’t function like a normal 18 year I do everything for her but the assessment lady was literally putting words in her mouth for example she asked about money and said if you went to the shop with a pound and got something for 25 p how much change coz my daughter gave the correct answer she was put down as managing money how’s that right my daughters maths is excellent it’s part of the autism not the fact she can manage money 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kaz48

Welcome it’s great to meet you this afternoon ????

I’m very very sorry to hear about your “pip assessment”

Yes this whole pip benefit system is very very confusing ??

Can you please let me know at what point you are with things ❓❓❓

@steve51

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @kaz48 ...the descriptor (10) for  'simple budgeting decisions' is essentially about whether you can calculate how much things cost and how much change you should get so it's essentially basic maths. I was asked the same question...

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.