PIP assessment and medical history
Need to know where to go from here. My husband has suffered for more than ten years with Copd, only 25/30 percent lung function;( caused through his work as a paint sprayer, non smoker ever) and has been able to receive dla for ten years, he has obviously not improved over the last ten years but has now failed in his pip assessment as no medical history was asked for, he had also been discharged from hospital in the previous week with heart failure. He has phoned the reassessment team who have said he needs to get the medical history for them. He has phoned his gp and they have told him they only release history to pip if they email and ask for it. Catch 22 as pip won’t ask for it and drs won’t release it unless pip ask for it!! What can we do now please?
- 54K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 155 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 796 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 706 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.