Wrong decision, put it right. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wrong decision, put it right.

ataloss2018
ataloss2018 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
After waiting nearly a year my wife had her appeal having been turned down for PIP 13 months ago, this despite being on PIP previously and DLA before that, now awarded Enhanced on both DL and Mobility.

Anyone who believes that the decision makers are wrong and they meet the PIP descriptors should take it all the way to the Tribunal Service if they are refused at the point of the MR, its a long wait but that time can be used to gather evidence to support your claim. 

The thought of a tribunal is nerve racking but it isn't as bad as one might think, they really are impartial and don't represent the DWP in any way, so do pursue matters and don't be discouraged by the HP report and the decision maker at the MR stage.

Many thanks to the people at Scope for providing this platform to discuss all the wrongs that are taking place by this heartless government, thanks also to the great advice, information and support that all the members here provide, but special thanks to Matilda, Pipp and Cockeyrebel who's words of wisdom have no doubt helped many fight for what is rightly theirs. 

All the best.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    Waiting of my m r decision its now nearly 2 months how long does it take the idiots to make a decision or as I think they are told to wait so long before they make a decision raging 
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    edited June 2018
    Hi @ataloss2018, it's great to hear about how your appeal went!

It's lovely to hear that the community has been a good platform for you and that @Matilda, @CockneyRebel (and do you mean @Pippa_Scope?) have been a great source of support!
  • ataloss2018
    ataloss2018 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    jim1074 said:
    Waiting of my m r decision its now nearly 2 months how long does it take the idiots to make a decision or as I think they are told to wait so long before they make a decision raging 
    Would have thought you'd have heard by now, why don't you give them a ring to chase things up.

Hi @ataloss2018, it's great to hear about how your appeal went!

It's lovely to hear that the community has been a good platform for you and that @Matilda, @CockneyRebel (and do you mean @Pippa_Scope?) have been a great source of support!

Of course, Pippa_Scope it is. Thanks Lasian_Scope.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @ataloss2018, you have proved that when you know you are right, never give up hope or throw in the towel. You have given many people hope a light at the end of the tunnel. More publicity need to be given to cases like yours to enlighten the public and government officials. And bring the government to task for allowing these injustices to happen and continue to cause pain and stress to the disabled claimants. Keep posting and keep the cummuncating to the scope cumunity.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    So pleased for you, @ataloss2018! Thank you so much for the kind words, and fingers crossed that this is the beginning of much better days for you and your wife. All the best! 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    Well done that's great news when I win I will be telling everybody on here 
  • Adi72
    Adi72 Community member Posts: 47 Connected
    @ataloss2018 Thanku for sharing yor story.I applied for for my daughter in Jan 2018 and we are on week 39 of appeal stage.They are now saying it could take 46 weeks.It is torture waiting.Is it a case of when/if she is awarded that by that point she will have to apply again if she gets a 3 year award?Did that happen or will happen to you.Many thanks

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.