Pip assessment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

2»

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited February 2019
    pixie61 said:
    I totally agree, it’s disgusting & I’ve saud as much in a letter to Capita, accused them of discrimination! Guess what... no reply as yet. I have signed a petition drawing the governments attention to the ‘****’ sorry I don’t normally swear! But something has to be done!! X

@pixie61 Yes their very prone to bend the truth and turn them into lies, Iam afraid you wont and I'm pretty sure you won't get a reply from Capita, it's easy to get frustrated with the lies in a report then go cursing and swearing.

The problem doing what you've did may be unhelpful going down the frustration road.

Yes make a complaint to Capita, but explain your concerns, I know you might have to pander to them but never accuse them of lying, they simply will be awkward to you, make a case by all means I get frustrated to hell with this Government but when I complain and want to make a statement I use a good choice of words to get what I need to get across.

That's good you signed a petition, I also do lots of campaigning surrounding welefare and this Governments wrong-doing and try to expose their lies.

Fortunately I've not had any grief from Capita, Maximus or AIS - Atos yet. Not saying I wil one day.

Again when I send any paperwork I simply put on the forms I will NOT be attending any assessment as they all have the proof when I fill in the forms and all my evidence to back everything up they certainly know I will never improve.

Yes I do take a chance by putting that I will NOT attend or won't go to any assessment at a center or at home. My safe place.

But I really don't care anymore what they may or may not do to me.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    ilovecats said:
    pixie61 said:
    SUD I suggest you look at a forum called 4up, they’re there for people with any benefit queries. They can advise you as to what you need to do. I’m in that forum & have read accounts whereby involving local MP has helped overturn an award! It was my local CAB who suggested I write to my local MP as well as the forum 4up. Hope you get it sorted. But definitely challenge the assessor as they should not be discriminating disabled people no matter what their disability is. I also feel she was judgemental towards you as she believed you were a recovery alcoholic! They’re not there to judge or discriminate. I also have read that  an assessor was sacked, because of the distress she caused to the claimants she assessed. The out & out lies, discrepancies & judgement she made in her reports! The tribunals are also getting fed up of seeing genuine disabled people, because DWP use assessors who do not do their  jobs properly & DWP, just whitewash over it!! 
    How can you possibly know that based on the limited information the OP gave us?
    Precisely!
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    The government are absolutely hell bent on removing as many benefits from as many people as possible. These so called "assessors" need to be removed and replaced by competent medics. I heard recently that a Downs Syndrome patient was asked, "How long have you had this"?!!!!!!! This says it all really doesn't it. I have been reading the PIP complaints on line.  Is this not illegal to have "assessors" making assumptions regarding claimants conditions and then DWP  unqualified "decision makers" deciding if claimants are entitled to benefits? if a claimant can walk a few yards and then fall flat on their face they are considered ok. Hamilton should have been sacked regarding his comments about disabled people and Rudd has reportedly visited only 4 job centres despite saying that she has visited many. Our friend Jan has lost her mobility component recently but they are "coming after her" in three years time. She will be almost 72 by then!!  Perhaps if enough people get together and try to take it to the court something could be done. This government is certainly no friend of the disabled - "claimants will not lose out with PIP". Sadly, not the case.
    Yes of course they are removing people from benefits. It's been ongoing ever since the TV programme - 'Benefit Street' was aired.  If people of working age weren't under this pressure they would still be making a living on benefits + possibly a few hours of cash in hand work. The figures show that more people are working than years ago who previously were languishing on benefits.
    Everyone can make assumptions and the assessors are no different. Surely you wouldn't want them to accept that what a claimant says on the form is taken at face value?

I was on DLA from 1995 - High Care & Mobility. In 2013 with my first PIP assessment at age 65 I was awarded 0 points. Reason - I failed to complete the claim form properly and messed up the face to face assessment by trying to wind the assessor up. Likewise the next PIP review saw 0 points again as did the 3rd assessment in 2017.
    I'll be 71 in a few weeks and with the thought of being continually reassessed every other year for the rest of my life I gave up with PIP for my sanity.

It was then suggested that due to my age and medical/mental issues I should be claiming Attendance Allowance - similar to the care part of DLA. Unfortunately or fortunately as the case may be, I do not require 24/7 care which means I no longer get any disability based benefit - that's just how it is.

• Sud
    Sud Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
  • Sud
    Hi just update they are refusing a reassessment they are doing a reconsideration instead.I was wondering if anyone has used this to challenge the DWP?data protection act as the principle of accuracy states that data you collect must be accurate and where necessary kept up to date 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    It's very rare they will do another assessment. The MR is the first step in the appeal process.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sud
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited February 2019
    @Sud Yes I sent my lies to ICO who regulate the Data Protection Act and they rejected it. Most outside agencies who should help when things go wrong make the excuse that there is a complaints procedure within the claim process or they say you can appeal, but if neither of those is working properly you end up with no where to turn for help. The Data Protection Act states clearly that Data collected about you should be correct and if it not ICO are supposed to force whoever has the incorrect data to change it. However I would advise anyone to go to them with the incorrect info. as the more people that complain the better. When the "advisors" on here say just do an MR and then on to a Tribunal they're helping you to get the end result you deserve but it's not helping the way you feel when you've been subjected to a bad assessor who has written false statements about you. The only way to ease the anger is to take action against the Assessment Provider even if comes to nothing. My MP helped me get my son's mail sent to me as his appointee when it was sent to him and again he helped in 2017 by asking ATOS about my assessor's qualifications. To say the MP's can't or won't do anything is only about the actual benefit decision, to say they can't help at all with anything is wrong !!!!!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    I never said it was unheard of just very rare.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sud
    Thank you @wildlife yes you are right it is so frustrating that they are allowed to do this 
  • wildlife
    FYI  ICO did say in a letter to me when they rejected my individual case that if they get enough people referring problems to them about any particular company or organization they would look into the way they are collecting and processing Personal Data. When you consider you give the information direct in a face to face not by phone or through another person, unless an appointee is involved, and in these situations where the information has been changed (not all the time) it is then passed to DWP to be used by them. The outcome will affect your life and often your health. So I would say contact ICO. Saying someone is a recovering alcoholic when they're not You will need evidence that you are right.   
  • Sud
    Yes I have evidence letter from the doctor and this was sent into DWP. We did send a letter of complaint to Atso will I need to wait until they investigate first @wildlife.
  • wildlife
    ICO stands for Information Commissioner's Office. They are not connected in any way to anyone doing benefit claims. Anyone who has a personal data problem can contact them to ask for an investigation. You can ring them up first to ask for advice on the question you've asked as I'm not sure of the answer. They do have a waiting list so it could be that you have an answer from ATOS before your case is looked at by ICO. Also being on a waiting list does not guarantee they will accept you have a case under the Data Protection Act, but as I said before if they get enough complaints about ATOS or any of the other Assessment Providers they should realize there is a problem with the way personal data is handled and processed by these companies. 
  • Sud
    Thank you very much @wildlife I shall keep you up to how I get on
  • wildlife
    @Sud Yes please do. I am still so upset and angry at my assessor getting away with what she wrote about me. The PA4's are official documents written with a specific purpose in mind by so called medical professionals. They should reflect what actually happened at the assessment, not be changed with things made up. I have been treated as if I'm in the wrong for 2 years by everyone I've approached for help, been accused of complaining to get more benefit. But I can assure you it's not about the money. If my claim had been processed as it should have been i would have accepted the first decision and got on with my life. 
  • Sud
    So very true @ wildlife I understand how you feel and when people don’t listen it makes it worse am not saying I don’t drink I do but am not registered or ever have been as a alcoholic so how can I be a recovering alcoholic.
  • Sud
    Hi @wildlife I called ICO this morning  I have to wait until I get a response from Atso. Then I can go head with complaint to them.
  • wildlife
    @Sud Brilliant, ATOS should reply within 2O days i think it is. I had no problem making a complaint to ICO but it's when they look at the details they decide whether you have a case against ATOS. Do hope so. I rang DWP for my son's assessment report today as he had a face to face last week and struggled not to comment when it was called a medical report. Once on the automated answer when you say why you're ringing and again by the advisor. 
  • Sud
    Yes it is 20 working days so will keep you posted what they say wishing your son all the best with his assessment.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.